Roland System-1 Plug-Out Synthesizer
The SYSTEM-1 is a culmination of Roland's SYSTEM 100 and now almost mythical SYSTEM 700 synthesizers. Born in the '70s, these modular and semi-modular synthesizers are heralded to this day for their flexibility and character of sound. Over the years these two legendary instruments have been used by some of the most forward-thinking artists and recorded onto countless classic tracks, an iconic sound from decades ago.
Meet the SYSTEM-1, a synthesizer probably unlike any you've encountered before. Like its predecessors, the SYSTEM-1 breaks new ground with remarkable flexibility and access to a vast palette of synthesized sounds with the bold and unmistakable character associated with Roland synthesizers for nearly four decades.
At the heart of the SYSTEM-1's sound is Roland's Analog Circuit Behavior technology (ACB) which was used to carefully analyze every aspect of the original instruments analog circuits and then faithfully recreate them down to the finest details. This technology fills the SYSTEM-1 with a fusion of beautifully classic and utterly modern synthesizer tones.
The SYSTEM-1 can control and even host software recreations of classic Roland synthesizers. That's right. The SYSTEM-1 can control plug-in versions of now legendary Roland synths, and those same plugins can be hosted in the SYSTEM-1 itself - with no computer required. You can even switch between the SYSTEM-1's internal sounds and those of the hosted plug-in. Roland call this exciting wizardry "Plug-Out".
You'll be excited too once you experience the authenticity of the SH-101 softsynth, with the SYSTEM-1 providing an intuitive and fully automatic one-to-one control interface that just works. Let's be honest. Who could make a better plug-in version of a classic Roland synth than Roland? And the SH-101 is just the beginning.
The SYSTEM-1 not only sounds amazing, but it also has a totally innovative design with performance ready controls, quality construction, and a dizzying array of lights and knobs and sliders.
System-1 Plug-out Synthesizer Keyboard Features:
- A continuation of Roland's legendary System series modular and semi-modular synthesizers
- Roland's most compact 25-key synth to date, but it's still extremely comfortable to play
- Analog Circuit Behavior component-to-component modeling technology provides killer realism
- Innovative Plug-out technology lets you load up additional synth engines and take them with you
- Control every parameter with real physical knobs and playable sliders with LED indicators
- Multimode filter provides -12dB to -24dB/octave lowpass and independent highpass controls
- Thicken up your sound with easy-to-manipulate onboard delay and reverb effects
- Dial in an extra dose of aggressive distortion with the Crusher knob
- A simple tone knob lets you adjust the overall sound of your synth on the fly
- Tempo sync functions allow you to lock your LFO and delay effect to the beat
- Advanced arpeggiator with Scatter mode lets you easily create cool moving patterns
- Use 10 Scatter modes with 10 levels of depth to inject the perfect amount of chaos into your sound
- USB connection provides audio and MIDI communication to your computer
- Solid MIDI clock sync provides tight timing with external gear, such as the rest of the AIRA series
- Sound Engine Type(s): AIRA ACB
- Number of Keys: 25
- Type of Keys: Synth Action (No Velocity)
- Other Controllers: Pitchbend/Scatter Jog Dial, Scatter Type dial, Mod Button
- Polyphony: 4 Notes
- Number of Presets: 8
- Number of Effects: 10
- Effects Types: Tone, Crusher, Reverb, Delay, Scatter
- Arpeggiator: 6 x Step, 6 x Types
- Audio Outputs: 2 x 1/4"
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4"
- USB: 1 x Type B
- MIDI I/O: In/Out
- Pedal Inputs: Hold (1/4", TS), Control (1/4", TRS)
- Power Supply: Included
- Height: 2.8"
- Width: 18.6"
- Depth: 11.2"
- Weight: 5.3 lbs.