Roland RD-2000 88-key Stage Piano
The Roland RD-2000 digital piano is the ideal instrument for modern creativity. It is the flagship model in Roland’s RD stage piano series. The 88-key RD-2000 boasts two independent sound engines and future-thinking MIDI controller features. This makes it an ideal instrument for the stage and the studio. It even has Roland’s best progressive hammer-action keyboard. It is one of the most advanced actions ever found in a stage piano. This gives you a natural playing experience similar to a real acoustic piano.
The RD-2000 sounds are some of the best that Roland has ever created. Including realistic acoustic and electric piano tones. The overall modern design makes the RD-2000 the ideal centerpiece of your setup. It’s been designed from the ground up as a piano for working professionals. There’s been a careful attention to every detail including workflow, sounds, layout and overall build quality. The RD-2000 is light and durable making it easy to take with you.
Built for the Stage and the StudioThanks to its modern interface and forward-thinking design, the RD-2000 is an incredible asset on stage. Its eight knobs and nine sliders give you instant access to a wide range of sound control. Its LED lights give you important visual feedback when performing, even on the darkest stages. The Roland RD-2000 also has two mod wheels and a unique pitch bender for more expressive playing options. Don’t be fooled by its stage piano title. The Roland RD-2000 is also a perfect keyboard for studios. Its advanced MIDI control features are perfect for your favorite music software.
Roland RD-2000 Premium SoundsThe acoustic piano sounds on the RD-2000 are second to none. They convey some of Roland’s latest piano technology and cover a wide range of musical styles. Roland’s V-Piano research yields incredibly natural and richly detailed tones. It has a dedicated engine for acoustic sounds. This lets you tap into the full power of the RD-2000’s 128-voice maximum polyphony without compromise.
The second dedicated sound engine gives you a wide range of classic electric pianos from the ‘60s, ‘70s, and ‘80s. That includes recreations of the RD-1000 (the very first RD stage piano) and MKS-20 sound module from Roland. Vintage effects are also on hand. You’ll find the famous BOSS CE-1 Chorus and Roland SDD-320 Dimension D.
MIDI Control and Quick Setup RecallAs for MIDI capabilities, the RD-2000 is one of only a few stage pianos that offers such extensive control. This is exceptionally useful when interacting with virtual instruments, as well as hardware sound modules and more. The RD-2000 has eight assignable zones that let you map sounds to different key ranges. You can also create combination sounds with up to eight layers. With the Scene function, you can save 100 different snapshots of the entire keyboard setup. You can then recall them with a quick button touch while performing.
Perform at your Highest Level on Stage
It’s an ideal foundation for writing a song, but it is also a powerful instrument on stage. The RD-2000 lets you take command of more than 1,100 sounds. It can cover a wide range of musical styles. Roland’s SuperNATURAL technology provides highly expressive Virtual Tone Wheel organs, modern and vintage synths. You’ll also find clavinet, orchestral strings, brass, and many others. The RD-2000 has all of the audio connections you’ll need on stage or in the studio. That includes two XLR balanced outputs, 1/4” unbalanced outputs, MIDI connectivity and more.
Roland RD-2000 88-key Stage Piano Features:
- Roland's next-generation RD stage piano
- 2 independent sound engines and extensive controller features
- Dedicated acoustic piano sound engine with full polyphony
- Second SuperNATURAL sound engine with 128-voice polyphony for EPs and additional sounds
- 8 knobs with LED status indicators; faders for real-time control over sounds and effects
- 8 assignable zones for combining internal sounds and external sources (including VIs)
- PHA-50 keyboard features hybrid wood/molded construction, advanced sensor mechanism
- Onboard electric pianos include Roland's classic RD-1000 and MKS-20
- Re-creations of vintage analog effects include BOSS CE-1 Chorus, Roland Dimension D, and more
- Over 1100 non-piano sounds include organs, synths, brass, orchestral strings, and many others
- 2 wave expansion slots for loading additional sounds from Roland's Axial website
- 100-scene memories for saving and one-touch setup recall
- Traditional Roland pitch/mod lever, plus 2 assignable wheel controllers
- 4 pedal inputs may be configured for damper pedals, expression pedals, and more
- DP-10 pedal included for damper pedal operation
- Onboard 24-bit/192kHz USB audio/MIDI interface
- Support for high-resolution RAINLINK velocity control
- Number of Keys: 88
- Type of Keys: PHA-50 keybed (weighted Progressive Hammer Action)
- Other Controllers: 2 x Mod Wheels, Pitchbend/Modulation lever
- Presets: 1,100 tones, 200 rhythm patterns
- Polyphony: 128 Notes
- Effects: Reverb, Delay, Resonance, Tremolo/Amp simulator, Modulation FX, 3-band compressor, 5-band EQ
- Audio Recording: 2 channel record/playback (WAV format)
- Audio Inputs: 1 x 1/8" (aux in)
- Audio Outputs: 2 x XLR (main out), 2 x 1/4" (main unbalanced), 2 x 1/4" (sub out), 1 x 1/4" (headphones)
- USB: 2 x Type A, 1 x Type B
- MIDI I/O: In, Out, Out/Thru
- Pedal Inputs: 2 x 1/4" (foot controller), 2 x 1/4" (damper, external)
- Expansion: 2 x internal wave expansion slots via USB port
- Height: 5.56"
- Width: 55.62"
- Depth: 14.50"
- Weight: 47 lbs. 14 oz.