QSC KS212C Cardioid 3,600W Dual 12" Powered Subwoofer
This groundbreaking subwoofer is the world’s first single-box, powered cardioid sub designed for both mobile and installed applications. Powerful and efficient, the QSC KS212C cardioid subwoofer solves the age-old problem of unwanted, wasted low-frequency energy collecting on stage and at the rear of the sound system. This powerhouse enclosure keeps your bass in its place and away from your stage or DJ booth.
Typical subwoofers radiate sound equally in all directions, including behind the enclosure where you don’t need it. Professional sound production companies have been able to combat this problem in recent years with complex, massive arrays of subwoofers in concert settings, changing the usual radial pattern of bass sound into a heart-shaped (cardioid) pattern that projects the lows into the crowd, not onstage. Before the KS212C subwoofer, a cardioid setup was impossible in a mobile setting, much less with a single, portable enclosure.
The pounding heartbeat of the KS212C cardioid sub is its potent 3,600W (peak) Class D amplifier, with the latest in DSP technology, driving two 12 in., long-excursion drivers for chest-thumping bass. Each driver is arranged in a 6th order bandpass chamber, producing an amazing 15dB more output in front than behind the sub.
With its robust, wooden enclosure and durable, tour-grade painted finish, the KS212C is built to withstand the rigors of heavy use. It also comes fitted with four low-noise, heavy-duty casters as well as ergonomic aluminum handles for easy transportation. Two M20 sockets provide speaker pole mounting options when the enclosure is upright or horizontal.
QSC KS Cardioid Dual 12" Powered Subwoofer Features:
- 3,600-watt dual 12" powered subwoofer
- Dual 6th order bandpass design yields maximum low-frequency response
- Redirects low-frequency energy forward to minimize excessive bass onstage
- Produces 15dB more output at the front than at the rear
- M20-threaded sockets accommodate a 35mm speaker pole (36" pole included)
- Low-noise, heavy-duty casters enable easy rolling
- Powered/Unpowered: Powered
- LF Driver Size: 2 x 12" subwoofer
- Peak Power Capacity: 3600W (2 x 1800W)
- Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4" combo
- Outputs: 2 x XLR (thru)
- Frequency Range: 39Hz-118Hz (-10 dB)
- Frequency Response: 44Hz-104Hz (-6 dB)
- Maximum Peak SPL: 132 dB SPL @ 1m
- Mounting Options: M20 threaded sockets (top, side) accept speaker pole
- Enclosure Material: 18mm Birch ply
- Height: 26"
- Width: 15"
- Depth: 28"
- Weight: 90 lbs.