PRS SE Custom 24 - Fire Red Burst (with Gig Bag)
The Paul Reed Smith SE Custom 24 solid body electric guitar puts the sound, play-ability, and gorgeous looks of the Custom line into a more affordable instrument. The SE Custom 24's mahogany body and maple top hold two great-sounding PRS-designed 85/15 S humbucking pickups. Its 3-piece maple neck features a wide-thin shape for very easy playing, and the rosewood fingerboard is adorned with classic PRS bird inlays. This guitar is a true PRS through and through, as well as being a great value. You don't have to be a rock star to enjoy the SE Custom 24.
The combination of a mahogany body and maple top gives the SE Custom 24 a perfect balance of rich midrange and bright snap (and the beautiful flame maple top veneer helps make this instrument a real looker). Add a pair of PRS-designed humbuckers in the bridge and neck positions, and you've got a recipe for thick, sustaining tones. Pull up on the tone pot, and you'll access chiming, bell-like single-coil sounds. And the SE Custom 24's maple neck has a wide-thin carve, making it easy to play.
The two humbucking pickups in this SE Custom 24 are Paul Reed Smith-designed 85/15 S's. An update on PRS's original humbuckers, the 85/15 S's are designed to sound terrific whether used in humbucking or single-coil modes. They offer you plenty of output for driving your amp hard while sounding clear and detailed when you want. These SE humbuckers closely resemble the tones of the US-made versions found in the solidbody electric guitars.
All Paul Reed Smith guitars are designed for performance, right out of the case — and the SE Custom 24 is no exception. Constructed from high-quality tonewoods and components, PRS instruments carry on a commitment to quality that's been the brand's hallmark since 1985, when Paul Smith began crafting guitars for some of the most elite players in the world. In fact, you'll often see a PRS SE in the touring rigs of the most well-respected PRS artists in the world.
- Full-featured Paul Reed Smith at a great price
- Legendary PRS quality and playability
- Beautiful flame maple gives the guitar an elegant look
- Mahogany body for punchy tone and long sustain
- PRS-designed tremolo maintains tuning under heavy use
- PRS 85/15 S pickups sound great humbucking or single-coil
- Push-pull tone knob accesses great single-coil-type tones
- Wide-thin maple neck is comfortable and easy to play
Includes a Gig Bag.
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: SE Doublecut
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top Material: Maple top, Maple veneer
- Body Finish: V12
- Color: Fire Red Burst
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Wide Thin
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Birds
- Number of Frets: 24
- Scale Length: 25"
- Nut Width: 1.6875"
- Nut Material: Synthetic
- Bridge/Tailpiece: PRS Molded Tremolo
- Tuners: PRS Designed Tuners
- Neck Pickup: 85/15 "S" Bass Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: 85/15 "S" Treble Humbucker
- Controls: 1 x master volume, 1 x master tone (push/pull coil-tap), 3-way blade pickup switch
- Case Included: Gig Bag