Midas PRO2 Live Audio Mixing System with 64 Input Channels (Installation Package)
The installation package version of the Midas PRO2 Live Audio Mixing System is designed for live sound reinforcement such as in concert venues, theaters, houses of worship, broadcast, and more. The system is designed to work with any of the Midas digital I/O units. It will connect to the Midas DL251 stage box (sold separately) which features 48 Midas mic/line inputs, and 16 analog XLR outputs on stage, in addition to the mixer's 8 mic/line inputs and 16 XLR analogue outputs on the back of the console itself. Two AES3 inputs, three AES3 outputs, and dual-redundant power supplies, all supplied as standard, complete the hardware configuration. AES50 networking allows for up to 156 inputs and 164 outputs @ 96 kHz sample rate
In addition to the mixer's 56 primary input channels, the unit also features 8 aux returns, all of which feature 4-band Midas parametric EQ and insert points. These 8 aux returns can be used as returns for the PRO2's internal FX processors, or as additional mic channels, if sufficient mic inputs are available on the I/O hardware.
The console's 64 possible input channels may be routed to 27 phase-coherent mix buses which comprise 16 user-configurable buses (as mixes, subgroups, or mix minus groups) and eight matrix buses. The matrix buses can receive their sources from inputs or groups which allows them to be used as eight additional auxiliary (monitor mix and FX sends) for a total of 24 mixes (plus L, R & Mono) for monitor mixing. All buses can be linked as stereo pairs, except the mono bus. As with other Midas digital consoles, the audio paths can be routed to multiple destinations and the console format can be reconfigured live on a scene-by-scene basis.
The installation version of the console comes in a shipping crate.
- 6x 96 kHz AES50 ports, providing an additional 156 inputs and 166 outputs
- 8 integral mic/line inputs with Midas mic preamps
- 64 simultaneous input processing channels
- 32 analog outputs (including 16 on the stage box and 2 stereo local monitor outputs)
- 3 AES3 outputs
- 2 AES3 inputs
- 27 sample-synchronous, phase-coherent mix buses
- Up to 12 multichannel FX engines
- Up to 28 Klark Teknik DN370 31-band Graphic EQs
- Full-color 15" daylight-viewable display screen
- 8 VCA (Variable Control Association) groups
- 6 POPulation groups
- 96 kHz 40-bit floating-point processing throughout
- VCA and POPulation groups both have assignable color coding and digital write-on buttons
- VCA Groups allow access to all the channel faders belonging to any of the VCA groups at the press of a switch
- POP (POPulation) groups can contain any combination of channels that you want to access instantly at the press of a switch
- VCA and POP Groups encourage the development of a mental picture, or "Mind Map," of the whole system
- Selecting a VCA or POP group will bring all of the members of that group to you, rather than you having to go looking for them
- Input channels can be viewed either by scrolling the input faders or by pressing the EXTEND button, which will populate the VCA faders with additional members of that POP group
- Fully interpolated controls
- 4-band parametric EQ
- 4 different filter typesXL8 dynamics processing
- 4 different input compressor algorithms
- 5 different output compressor algorithms
- A wide choice of dynamics processing
- 40-bit floating-point audio processing
- Custom-designed FX processors
- Internal FX processors operate within Midas' automatic latency compensation
- Quad 4-Channel - L-R front plus L-R rear
- LCRS 4-Channel - L-R-C plus single rear channel
- Quad 6-Channel - L-R-C plus sub plus L-R rear
FLIP Navigation: selecting an output flips the input fader to become the input channel that sends levels to the selected output
FX Navigation: deploys a patched internal FX processor to the display screen and maps the ASSIGNABLE CONTROLS to the FX processor
GEQ Navigation: selects an output which has a GEQ assigned and present the GEQ on the VCA faders
MCA Navigation: deploys the MCA faders of a selected output to the VCA fader bank. In conjunction with Advanced mode, MCA navigation mode controls the contributions of their members to the currently selected bus.
Facilitates dual operator use for two independent stereo solo systems with: 4-Channel Configurable "Area B" for dual operators.
Provides wireless remote control for key functions of the console. The App automatically selects the right console type so there is no difficult setup procedure.
With the app you can monitor ALL input and output metering simultaneously in real time, and you can remotely EQ any speaker mix with one of the console's on-board Klark Teknik DN370 GEQs.
The app also provides simple, fast local stage mix adjustment by accessing the console's MCA (Mix Control Association). Multiple iPads can be used simultaneously and each one can be locked to a single mix, so artists can create their own monitor mixes without changing any other console settings. The app is free to download from Apple's App Store.
Provides an Ethernet tunnel between the stage and mix position with additional bandwidth using HyperMAC digital snakes, Cat 5e, and the fiber optic option for third-party data transfer via standard Ethernet traffic, MIDI message, and GPIO (General Purpose Input and Output signaling).
Uses analog potentiometers as opposed to mechanical encoders to access the processing algorithms.
Features high-resolution display that remain visible even in direct sunlight to provide visual feedback for channel strips, system information, third-party applications.
Allows you to bring up third-party applications from either a PC or MAC on screen and the console's keyboard and track ball can be used to operate the computer.
Ensures the phasing of different signals being mixed are coherent.
Features a vertically oriented channel strip layout with configurable controls and multicolor LCD channel select buttons.
Uses discrete component design with a warmth similar to that found on the Midas XL3, XL4, and Heritage consoles with separate analog remote gain and digital trim controls for gain staging.
Compatible I/O Units:
- DN9331 - Graphic Controller
- DN9610 - AES50 Repeater
- DN9620 - AES50 Extender
- DN9650 - Network Bridge
- DN9696 - AES50 Audio Recorder