Martin GPCX2AE Macassar - Natural
The X Series GPCX2AE Macassar Grand Performance Acoustic-Electric Guitar is crafted from a solid Sapele top paired with Macassar patterned high-pressure laminate back and sides, a birch laminate high performance neck and Fishman Sonitone electronics. A great guitar for studio or stage. Case sold separately.
The Martin guitar's laminate birch neck is a multilayered wood creation, bonding layers of birch under extremely high pressure. The material is then carved and finished in a conventional manner. The end result is a very strong neck that provides definition and articulate sustain from note to note.
The neck is fashioned with a Performing Artist neck shape and taper, 25.4 in. scale, 1-3/4 in. nut width, and 16" radius provide comfort and dexterity when performing intricate movements and progressions along the black Richlite fretboard.
This X Series GPCX2AE Macassar Grand Performance Acoustic-Electric Guitar comes compete with the Fishman Sonitone. The Fishman Sonitone features a soundhole-mounted preamp with rotary controls for Volume and Tone. The controls are mounted conveniently under the soundhole. All you have to do is plug in and play. You’ll have a great acoustic guitar sound, right out of the box.
This guitar has the look and sound of a highly collectible Martin guitar, but goes for a price that anyone can afford. Embrace the dream of owning your very own Martin guitar, at a price that is too good to pass up.
- Body type: Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Single cutaway
- Top wood: Solid Sapele
- Back & sides: Macassar HPL
- Bracing pattern: X
- Body finish: Hand-rubbed
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Performing artist
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45mm)
- Fingerboard: Richlite
- Neck wood: Birch laminate
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Hand-rubbed
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Fishman Sonitone
- Configuration: Undersaddle piezo
- Preamp EQ: 1-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Macassar HPL
- Tuning machines: Chrome
- Bridge: Richlite
- Saddle & nut: Corian
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Body style
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Mexico
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Grand Performance
- Body Style: Single Cutaway
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Natural
- Top Wood: Solid Sapele
- Back & Sides Wood: Macassar Patterned HPL
- Body Bracing: X Brace
- Neck Wood: Brown Birch Laminate
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist
- Fingerboard Material: Richlite
- Fingerboard Inlay: Dot
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Bridge Material: Richlite
- Nut/Saddle Material: White Corian/White Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Electronics: Fishman Sonitone
- Strings: SP Lifespan 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Light, .012 -.054