Martin D-35 - Ambertone
The Martin D-35 Standard Dreadnought Guitar gives you unsurpassed tone. Its solid Sitka spruce top produces a strong bass tone, ideal for rhythm playing. To accentuate the treble, Martin uses lighter 1/4" top braces. The binding on its East Indian rosewood back and sides and its bound ebony fretboard add to the Martin D-35's distinctive appeal.
Vintage Tone Meets Modern Playability
The D-35 Standard dreadnought acoustic guitar has been refined to combine the best of the vintage 1930's appointments, with the playability of a modern guitar. Like the D-35 from the 1960s, the bracing is 1/4” in thickness, but the placement of the X brace has been forward-shifted to be located one inch from the soundhole. Now, the D-35 Standard has a very even bass, with just the right blend of the mid and high-end frequencies. The sound is everything you would expect from a fine-tuned Martin acoustic guitar.
Enhanced Feel of the D-35 Standard
Playability has been dramatically improved by changing the neck to a modified low oval, with a Performing Artist taper and 1-3/4” nut. The wider string spacing and comfortable neck profile allow a player to move up and down the neck with ease. And, unlike the more traditional feeling acoustic guitars of the past, newer D-35 Standard models will have familiar vintage tone with a playing feel that will be more similar to that of an electric guitar.
Other Appointments on the Martin D-35 Standard
Along with an amazing sound and feel, this Martin D-35 Standard Dreadnought acoustic guitar features a solid Sitka spruce top, solid East Indian rosewood back and sides, ebony bridge and fingerboard, hand-fit dovetail neck joint, nitrocellulose lacquer, mother-of-pearl fingerboard inlay pattern, antique white binding, aging toner, and a bone nut and saddle.
The Martin D-35 Standard Dreadnought comes with a fitted hardshell case.
- White binding
- Chose Aged Toner, Ambertone, or Sunburst finish
- Style 28 Multi-stripe rosette
- White plastic bridge pins with black dots
- Multi-stripe back inlay
- Multi-stripe side inlay
- Mother-of-pearl fingerboard inlays
Grab this enhanced classic today. Order now.
- Body type: D-14 Fret
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: East Indian rosewood
- Bracing pattern: 1/4" non-scalloped Sitka spruce X-bracing
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Low Profile
- Nut width: 1.69" (43 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Select hardwood
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Headstock overlay: East Indian rosewood
- Tuning machines: Gold open-gear
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Compensated Bone/Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Ambertone
- Finish: Gloss
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: East Indian Rosewood
- Body Bracing: Forward Shifted X-bracing, non-scalloped
- Binding: Antique White
- Neck Wood: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval, High Performance Taper
- Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Mother-of-pearl Style 28 Dots
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material: Bone/Bone
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Strings: SP Acoustic 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Medium
- Case Included: Hardshell Case