Gibson USA Les Paul Standard 2019 Trans Amber
In 2019, Gibson made a conscious decision to return to their roots with versions of many of the electric guitars that have defined them as an American icon and an essential source of great guitars. The 2019 Les Paul Standard combines the best of the classic Les Paul elements with features that are aimed directly at the modern guitarist who seeks the capacity for greater versatility.
Pro pickups Deliver That PAF humbucker Tone
When it comes to capturing that classic Les Paul tone, nothing beats the sound of this Les Paul Standard's PAF-style Burstbucker Pro humbucking pickups. Alnico V magnets capture the subtle variations in true humbucker tone, thanks to historically accurate "unmatched" bobbins. Plug into your favorite amp, and experience smooth low-end response, complex midrange crunch, and sweet-sounding highs. These pickups sound great clean or they can be used to push your amp into overdrive for the fat, smoky sound you can only get with a humbucker. Burstbucker Pro pickups are wax potted to minimize feedback and noise.
Les Paul Standards are some of the most sonically versatile electric guitars Gibson has ever offered. This guitar's tone and volume controls are a push-pull design, and five internal dip switches determine how these controls work. By setting these dip switches to your preference, you can access coil splits, coil taps, and a highpass filter for each pickup; determine if you want the pickups to be in or out of phase; and even engage a transient suppression circuit for avoiding unwanted output peaks when recording direct.
Gibson Les Paul Standard Features:
- Resonant mahogany body with eye-catching AAA figured maple top
- Ultra-Modern weight-relieved body reduces weight while maintaining sustain
- Burstbucker Pro humbuckers and revolutionary wiring deliver a universe of tonal options
- Dual push-pull volume controls switch pickups between single-coil and humbucking operation
- Push-pull neck tone control reverses polarity of the neck pickup's output
- Self-lubricating TekToid nut
- Durable and precise locking Grover Keystone-button tuners
- Plek'd for precision playability
- Body Type:Solidbody, Ultra Modern weight relief
- Body Shape:Les Paul
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:Mahogany
- Top Material:AAA Figured Maple
- Body Finish:Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color:Trans Amber
- Neck Material:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Asymmetrical Slim Taper
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Acrylic Trapezoids
- Number of Frets:22, Medium
- Scale Length:24.75"
- Nut Width:1.695"
- Nut Material:Tektoid
- Bridge/Tailpiece:Aluminum Nashville Tune-o-matic bridge with Aluminum Stopbar
- Tuners:Grover Locking Rotomatics
- Neck Pickup:Burstbucker Pro Rhythm Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:Burstbucker Pro Lead Plus Humbucker
- Controls:2 x volume (push/pull coil-tap), 2 x tone (push/pull phase, coil select), 5-way DIP switch, 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Case Included:Hardshell Case