Gibson ES-335 Studio - Vintage Burst
The Gibson Memphis ES-335 has been in production longer than any other ES model. It’s been the heart of Gibson’s Electric-Spanish lineup since being introduced in 1958. It’s an undisputed classic, adored for its form and its function, and no ES-335 is more focused on function than the Studio. Like most Studio models, this 2019 ES-335 is stripped to its essentials and features a gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish, solid rosewood fingerboard with pearloid dot inlay, quarter-sawn maple neck with rounded “C” profile, classic nickel- and brass-plated hardware set, and ’57 Classic humbucking pickups hand-wired with Memphis Tone Control circuitry for PAF-inspired tone with expanded switching.
About Gibson Memphis:
Luthier Orville Gibson founded the Gibson Mandolin-Guitar Mfg. Co. Ltd. in Kalamazoo, MI in 1902. Its original aim was to make mandolins and mandolin-family instruments. Over the last 100-plus years, Gibson Brands, Inc., as it is now known, has since evolved into the world’s premier manufacturer of semi-hollow and hollow body electric guitars, as well as a celebrated portfolio of innovative solid-body and acoustic models.
If Beale Street could talk, it might tell you about Gibson Memphis. Producing all of Gibson’s semi-hollow and hollow body guitars, the Gibson Memphis facility is the heart of the blues.
Body Wood Species: 3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
Neck Material: Quarter Sawn Mahogany
Neck Profile: Rounded "C"
Scale Length: 24.75"
Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
Fingerboard Radius: 12''
Number of Frets: 22
Frets: Medium Jumbo - 18% Nickel Silver
Nut Material: Bone
Nut Width: 1.687"
End of Board Width: 2.241"
Inlays: Pearloid Dots
Truss Rod: Single-ply Black
Hardware Finish: Nickel
Bridge: ABR-1 with plated brass saddles
Tailpiece: Die-cast Zinc Stopbar
Tuning Machines: Grover Rotomatics
Pick Guard: None
Control Knobs: Gold Top Hats
Switch Tip: Black
Neck Pickup: 57 Classic
Bridge Pickup: 57 Classic Plus
Controls: Memphis Tone Circuit : 2 volumes, 2 tones, 1 toggle switch, hand-wired with 500K potentiometers and ceramic capacitors
- Body Type: Semi-hollowbody
- Body Shape: ES-335
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: 3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Top Material: 3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color: Vintage Burst
- Neck Material: 1-piece Maple
- Neck Shape: Rounded C
- Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid Dots
- Number of Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo, Nickel Silver
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Nut Material: Black Corian
- Bridge/Tailpiece: ABR-1 Bridge with Nickel-plated Brass Saddles, Die-cast Zinc Stopbar Tailpiece
- Tuners: Grover Milk Bottle Rotomatics with Kidney Buttons
- Neck Pickup: '57 Classic Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: '57 Classic Plus Humbucker
- Controls: 2 x volume, 2 x tone, 3-way toggle pickup switch, Memphis tone circuit
- Strings: 10-46
- Case Included: Hardshell Case