Friedman BE-100 100-watt 2-channel Tube Head with Boost
From years of amp modding and repair experience, Friedman Amplification's BE100 (The Brown Eye) all-tube, 2-channel amplifier head brings you the best of British amps in a single package. The BE100 has all of the punch, sustain, and tone you'd expect from a vintage British amp without the harshness. The sensitivity and response of this amp will blow your mind. Powered by a quartet of EL34 power tubes, Friedman Amplification's extremely versatile BE100 tube amp head is a must-have when you need that classic British sound.
When you're looking for massive British amp tones, the Friedman BE100 tube amp head is the way to go. This amp encompasses the best sounds from the best British amps. Loaded with EL34 power tubes and 12AX7 preamp tubes, this amp delivers smooth cleans, crunchy rhythm, and blazing solo tones that will suit any gig. Two separate channels, plus a switchable boost function, let you dial in your ideal sound. A global presence control, a 3-position bright switch, a saturation switch, a C45 switch, and a FAT switch let you further tweak your tone to perfection. A 3-position switch on the BE100's dirty channel lowers your overall gain structure - the highest setting delivers the amp's original sound while the lower two yield phenomenal vintage-tinged tones. The response and sensitivity of this amp is amazing. When you're rocking out and need to clean up your tone just roll back your guitar's volume and keep playing. No channel switching or amp knob twisting needed. Players ranging from Neal Schon to Billy Duffy to Chris Shiflett use the BE100 on tour and in the studio. If you're looking for the ultimate modded-Plexi sound, then this is the amp for you!
The BE-199 is hand-built for exceptional tone. All Friedman Amplification products are handwired to exacting specs, giving you amazing tones every time you play. Premium components and attention to detail ensure that your BE100 amp head will deliver the sound you want and need onstage or in the studio. It doesn't matter what type of music you're into, a premium, handbuilt Friedman amp has the tonal palette you need to create the sounds you're after.
For over 25 years, Dave Friedman has been tweaking, building, and repairing amps for some of the biggest names in music. His legendary reputation among touring musicians has gained him a loyal clientele including the likes of Eddie Van Halen, Steve Stevens, Jerry Cantrell, and more. Dave has created his own production amp line utilizing his sought-after skills and talents.
Friedman Amplification BE100 Guitar Amplifier Head Features:
- Versatile 100-watt, 2-channel all-tube amplifier with British voicing
- An ideal amp for blues, rock, and metal
- Switchable boost sends the gain channel over the edge
- Dial in your sound with channel-independent EQs
- Handwired amplifier built using premium components including custom transformers and capacitors
- 3-position bright switch, saturation switch, C45 switch, and FAT switch let you tweak your tone to perfection
- 3-position gain structure switch on dirty channel for toggling between modern and vintage tones
- Dual speaker outputs let you use up to 2 speaker cabs
- Line-out with level control for feeding a mixer or recorder
- Ultra-transparent effects loop for your favorite pedals
- Includes 2-button footswitch
- Type: Tube
- Number of Channels: 3
- Total Power: 100W
- Preamp Tubes: 4 x 12AX7
- Power Tubes: 4 x EL34
- EQ: 3-band
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4"
- Outputs: 2 x 1/4" (Speaker)
- Effects Loop: Yes
- Footswitch I/O: Yes
- Height: 11.625"
- Width: 29"
- Depth: 8.625"
- Weight: 44 lbs.