Fender Jimmy Page Telecaster - White Blonde
Although Jimmy Page is commonly associated with another classic single-cut solidbody electric guitar, it was a Telecaster that powered the Yardbirds' final years, Led Zeppelin's debut, and one of rock music's most iconic solos. Page did tons of London session work in the mid-'60s. (Fun fact: Jimmy played acoustic on the main title theme for Goldfinger, the third James Bond movie.) In 1966 he joined the Yardbirds, initially playing bass alongside his childhood friend Jeff Beck on lead guitar. When Jeff (who had replaced Eric Clapton in the Yardbirds) left the group shortly thereafter, Page assumed the lead guitar spot, playing a Telecaster (thought to be a '59) gifted him by Jeff.
If you're a guitarist who prefers a thin '60s neck profile with a little more meat, the Jimmy Page Telecaster's thin D-shape is what you are looking for. In 1959, Fender began using rosewood fingerboards on Telecasters, and that's what this one has, along with a comfortable vintage-spec 7.25" radius. Fingerboard designs have flattened out over the decades, the theory being that flatter radii are better for soloing in the high register. The fact remains that Jimmy Page was a prodigious soloist on his Telecaster (in fact, he played the epic "Stairway to Heaven" solo on it).
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: Jimmy Page Telecaster
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: 2-piece Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color: White Blond
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Jimmy Page Custom Thin D
- Radius: 7.25"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Dots
- Number of Frets: 21, Vintage
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Nut Material: Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece: 3-saddle Vintage-style String-through
- Tuners: Vintage Single-Line Fender Deluxe
- Neck Pickup: Jimmy Page Custom '59 Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup: Jimmy Page Custom '59 Single-coil
- Controls: 1 x master volume, 1 x master tone, 3-way blade pickup switch
- Strings: Fender 250R NPS, .010-.046
- Case Included: Vintage Tweed Case
- Quality crafted in USA