Fender Eric Johnson Thinline Stratocaster - Vintage White
Finding your sound is quest
Bringing to life the vision of one of the most respected guitarists in the world, the Eric Johnson Signature Stratocaster Thinline is the perfect marriage between a semi-hollow body and a traditional Stratocaster. Johnson is famous in guitar circles for questing for his ideal tone - liquid and articulate, it perfectly complements the playing style that earned his place in the modern guitar pantheon.
In 2015 he approached Fender to co-design a lightweight, resonant instrument that combines the tones of his favorite semi-hollow body guitars and his Stratocaster. Two years later, they hit the formula for tonal nirvana with the Eric Johnson Signature Stratocaster Thinline.
Fender finished the custom-chambered body with nitrocellulose lacquer, allowing the wood to “breathe” with character. The three single-coil Stratocaster pickups were specially voiced to meet Johnson’s specifications, and are mounted to the semi-hollow, two-piece alder body with countersunk screws for even more vibration transfer. The comfortable “’57 Soft V” shaped quartersawn maple neck bears a 12” radius maple fingerboard and 21 medium-jumbo frets for enhanced playability.
Other custom features include a vintage-style tremolo with silver-painted block, ’57-style string recesses, thin headstock with vintage-style staggered tuning machines, ’57-style parchment pickguard and “ashtray” bridge cover. A tour de force, the Eric Johnson Stratocaster Thinline is the first semi-hollow Strat that combines custom chambers with traditional Stratocaster arm and body contours.
- Semi-hollow 2-piece Alder body, Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish
- Bolt-on Maple neck, Soft “V” Shape, Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish, 21 medium jumbo frets
- 3 Custom Voiced single coil pickups, Master Volume, Tone 1 (Neck), Tone 2 (Bridge), 5-way switch
- 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo, ’57-style parchment pickguard and “ashtray” bridge cover
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Semi-hollow or chambered body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood:
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: V soft
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod:
- Neck finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 12 in.
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.656 in. (42 mm)
- Configuration: SSS
- Neck: Custom single-coil
- Middle: Custom single-coil
- Bridge: Custom single-coil
- Brand: Fender
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Not applicable
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics:
- Control layout: Master volume, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split:
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Vintage synchronized tremolo
- Tuning machines: Vintage staggered
- Color: Nickel/chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: United States
- Body Type: Semi-hollowbody
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color: Vintage White
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: '57 Soft V
- Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay: Black Dots
- Number of Frets: 21, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Nut Material: Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece: 6-saddle Vintage-style Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuners: Vintage-style Staggered
- Neck Pickup: Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single-coil
- Middle Pickup: Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup: Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single-coil
- Controls: 1 x volume, 2 x tone (brige, neck), 5-way blade pickup switch
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, .010-.046