Fender American Performer Stratocaster HSS - 3-Tone Sunburst With Rosewood Fingerboard
With the introduction of the American Performer Strat HSS, Fender brings players a U.S.-made version of a perennial favorite instrument, loaded with stunning finishes, refined electronics and hardware, plus a few hidden surprises. These guitars and basses are designed for musicians of any level, and are ideal for those who seek Made in USA quality and playability at a surprisingly accessible price.
New looks for new guitars
The American Performer Strat HSS takes the familiar lines and contours of a timeless design and dresses them in spectacular finishes. This version comes in a choice of a vivid 3-color sunburst or luscious aubergine finish with rosewood fretboards. Whichever way you choose to go, the looks are absolutely outstanding.
Increased versatility and fatter tone
Fender designed a whole new series of Yosemite pickups for the American Performer series. Meant to bring a little modern attitude while still summoning the historic Strat tones, the two single coils and powerful DoubleTap bridge humbucker on the American Performer Strat HSS with rosewood fingerboard deliver just enough snarl to be satisfying when they're opened wide, and provide those classic sounds when you roll back the volume. The unique Greasebucket tone circuit keeps the mud out when you roll down the tone knob. The hidden surprise lies in the push/pull tone pot that triggers the new coil tap technology, delivering a widely increased tonal palette.
Chrome and steel
A classic 6-point synchronized tremolo bridge pairs with ClassicGear split-post tuning machines for stable tuning whether your whammy action is subtle or sweeping. For a crowning touch, the oversize '70s-style headstock with silver Fender logo helps set this guitar apart as something truly special.
- Gloss-finish solid alder body
- 25.5"-scale maple neck with 22-fret, 9.5"-radius rosewood fingerboard
- Fender DoubleTap humbucker, Yosemite flat-staggered, single-coil pickups, 5-way switch
- Fender 2-point synchronized tremolo, ClassicGear tuners
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C modern
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Neck finish: Satin
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 9.5 in.
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.65 in. (42 mm)
- Configuration: SSS
- Neck: Yosemite single-coil
- Middle: Yosemite single-coil
- Bridge: DoubleTap humbucker
- Brand: Fender
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Special electronics: Push/pull split coil
- Control layout: Master volume, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: Coil split
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: 2-point synchronized
- Tuning machines: Fender ClassicGear
- Color: Nickel/chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Case: Gig bag
- Country of origin: United States
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Color: 3-tone Sunburst
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern C
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: White Dots
- Number of Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1.685"
- Nut Material: Synthetic
- Bridge/Tailpiece: 6-saddle Vintage-style Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuners: Fender Classic Gear
- Neck Pickup: Yosemite Strat Single-coil
- Middle Pickup: Yosemite Strat Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup: Performer DoubleTap Humbucker
- Controls: 1 x master volume, 1 x tone (neck/middle push/pull coil-split), 1 x tone (bridge), 5-way blade switch, Greasebucket circuit
- Strings: Fender USA, .009-.042
- Case Included: Gig Bag