Fender American Elite Jazz Bass - 3-Color Sunburst With Ebony Fingerboard
Packed to the gills with our latest revolutionary innovations, the American Elite Jazz Bass is an active bass for the modern bassist who demands cutting-edge tone technology along with timeless style and fast, smooth playing feel. Its versatile sound easily matches any playing style—picked, plucked or slap-and-pop—while its standout looks remain authentically Fender, with a fresh twist.
With the exclusive all-new fourth-generation Noiseless pickups we’ve achieved the sonic equivalent of cold fusion—vintage-style response with completely noise-free performance. These muscular pickups are fueled by a redesigned robust 18-volt preamp cranks up the power for even more signal quality for chest-thumping tone with more headroom and reduced noise.
Designed for fast playing and effortless position changes, the compound profile neck with a 9.5”-14” compound radius fingerboard is ideal for all playing styles. A modern “C”-shape at the new genuine bone nut, the profile morphs along the length of the neck to a modern “D”-shaped profile at the updated neck heel, providing plenty of comfortable support for fret hand antics. Posiflex graphite support rods run the length of the neck, adding stability to the neck while resisting temperature- and humidity-induced warping.
The HiMass Vintage bridge increases note attack and resonance for thunderous basslines with colossal punch and boundless sustain while allowing either top-load or strings-thru-body stringing. In a vintage-inspired touch, the new truss rod adjustment wheel has been moved to the butt end of the neck for easier access, making neck relief adjustments a snap.
This bass is packed with Fender’s immortal aesthetics—from the ergonomic contours to the black chrome headstock logo, large pearloid fret markers and new color this instrument will pin the audience’s ears back with it’s gigantic tone and slick style. The American Elite Jazz Bass is a bold new bass for adventurous bassists who need a tonal multi-tool that refuses to compromise on any front. Includes a redesigned Elite Molded Case with body-hugging contours to provide increased protection for your cherished instrument and TSA locks.
- Shape: Compound
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Satin urethane
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: SS
- Middle: 4th Generation Noiseless
- Bridge: 4th Generation Noiseless
- Brand: Fender
- Active preamp: Yes
- Material: Ebony
- Radius: Info not available
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master Volume, Pan Pot (Pickup Selector), Treble Boost/Cut, Midrange Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut, Active/Passive Mini Toggle
- Special switching: Yes
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 4-Saddle HiMass
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: Yes
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: United States
- Body Shape: Jazz
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 4
- Color: 3-color Sunburst
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Material: Alder
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern C to D
- Radius: 9.5"-14" compound
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid blocks
- Number of Frets: 21, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 34"
- Nut Width: 1.50"
- Nut Material: Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Fender HiMass Vintage, String-thru or Topload
- Tuners: Fender "F" Light-weight Vintage-paddle Keys
- Neck Pickup: 4th Generation Noiseless Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup: 4th Generation Noiseless Single-coil
- Controls: 1 x master volume, 1 x pan, 3-band active EQ, 1 x passive tone, active/passive mini-switch
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, .045-.105
- Case Included: Hardshell case