Fender Acoustasonic Telecaster - Sunburst
Handcrafted in Corona, California, the Fender American Acoustasonic Telecaster gives you a whole arsenal of convincing acoustic and electric tones in one great-feeling guitar. Thanks to its revolutionary Fender and Fishman-designed Acoustic Engine, you can choose from an assortment of 10 distinct guitar and tonewood combinations. With all this versatility, the Fender Acoustasonic might be the only guitar you’ll need for any gig.
Acoustic And Electric
Whether you’re an electric or acoustic guitar player, you'll love the familiar feel of the neck profile on the Acoustasonic Telecaster. The single-cutaway accessibility and forearm contour further add to the comfortable feel of this remarkable instrument. It’s also noticeably lighter than a solidbody electric guitar and better balanced. All this combines to make the Acoustasonic a delight to play in any position.
he Acoustasonic Telecaster uses Fender's patent-pending Stringed Instrument Resonance System. SIRS is designed to deliver a naturally loud voice with lively harmonics and provide the intonation and projection you find in a traditional acoustic guitar. Even unplugged, the Acoustasonic resonates with inspiring tone. But connect it to your favorite amp and be prepared to be blown away.
Using three pickup systems – a Fishman under-saddle transducer, Fishman Acoustasonic Noiseless magnetic pickup, and Fishman Acoustasonic Enhancer – plus a 5-way Voice Selector switch and a Mod knob for blending between A and B voices, you can choose between 10 different voice stylings for ultimate versatility. The battery for the American Acoustasonic Telecaster's electronics is charged via USB, allowing you to play for up to 20 hours between charges.
Total tonal adjustment
The Fender Acoustasonic Telecaster has familiar-looking controls, but they do more than any other acoustic/electric guitar. They give control over five discreet voice pairs – a curated collection of acoustic and electric voices that can be played solo or blended via the Mod Knob to create infinite combinations. Position 5 is with the Voice Selector closest to the neck; Position 1 is furthest away. The ‘A’ voice is with the Mod Knob fully counter-clockwise; the ‘B’ voice is fully clockwise.
A: Sitka Spruce/Rosewood Dreadnought—Deep bass meets strident trebles for a traditional acoustic voice. Great for big, bold strumming.
B: Alpine Spruce/Rosewood Auditorium—Tighter and brighter for a more modern/pop sound and a detailed midrange perfect for strumming or fingerstyle.
A: Engelmann Spruce/Maple Small-Body—Intimate, parlor-inspired voice that’s articulate and bright, best for delicate playing.
B: Sitka Spruce/Mahogany Dreadnought—Full midrange with a deep bass voice that works well for rootsy strumming or fingerstyle.
A: Sitka Spruce/Brazilian Rosewood Dreadnought—Rich and earthy with complex overtones.
B: Adds body pickup to the above voice (up to a predetermined maximum blend)—All of the above, plus a percussive top and enhanced harmonics that pop.
A: Sitka Spruce/Mahogany Dreadnought—Full-bodied, no nonsense acoustic that’s earthy and articulate with a wide dynamic range.
B: Blends electric pickup to the above voice (predetermined semi-clean voice)—A rich acoustic rhythm sound meets Fender’s electric tone – when you really want to drive the band.
A: Fender Electric Clean—You won’t believe your acoustic guitar can do this.
B: Fender Electric Fat/Semi-Clean—You really won’t believe your acoustic guitar can do this.
- Acoustic Engine delivers ten different body style and tonewood combinations
- 5-way switch to select sound pairs
- Mod knob blends voices
- Patent-pending Stringed Instrument Resonance System (SIRS) for better intonation, projection
- Three pickup systems: Fishman Under-Saddle Transducer, Fishman Acoustasonic Enhancer, Fender Acoustasonic Noiseless magnetic pickup
- Integrated forearm contour and mahogany neck
- USB connection to charge lithium ion battery for 20 hours of play time
- 12" radius fretboard
- 2-ring black/white/black rosette
- Narrow tall frets
- Bi-Fled truss rod
- Modern Assymetrical bridge
- Chrome hardware
- Fender Dura-Tone 880L (.011-.052 gauge) strings
- Body type: Telecaster
- Cutaway: Single
- Top wood: Solid A Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Mahogany
- Bracing: Transverse
- Body finish: Satin Urethane
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Modern "Deep C"
- Nut width: 1.653" (42 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 22
- Neck finish: Satin Urethane
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Fender, Fishman
- Configuration: Fishman Under-Saddle Piezo; Fishman Acoustasonic Enhancer; Fender Acoustasonic Noiseless magnetic pickup
- EQ: Mod knob
- Tuning machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Grap Tech TUSQ
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Deluxe gig bag
- Country of origin: USA
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Acoustic Telecaster
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Sunburst
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Top Wood: Lutz Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: Mahogany
- Body Bracing: Spruce Transverse
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: American Pro
- Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Dots
- Number of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Tuning Machines: Fender Modern
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material: GraphTech Tusq/Ebony
- Electronics: Volume, Mod Knob, 5-way blade switch (voice pairs), Fishman Matrix, N4 Noiseless, Z-Axis body pickup, USB rechargeable 9V
- Strings: .011-.052
- Case Included: Gig Bag