Fender '68 Custom Princeton Reverb 12-watt 1x10" Tube Combo Amp
1968 was a transitional year for Fender amps with tone that was still pure Fender but a look that was brand new. With a silver-and-turquoise front panel and classy aluminum "drip edge" grille cloth trim, the Princeton Reverb received a fresh new face as it remained the perfect recording and gigging amp. Small, light and moderately powered, it produced big tube tone, with world-class Fender reverb and vibrato effects. For countless guitarists ever since, the Princeton Reverb has been the go-to amp for classic Fender sound.
The '68 Custom Princeton Reverb Amp pays tribute to the classic look, sound and performance of Fender's late-'60s "silverface" amps. In a special twist, a modified tone circuit gives modern players greater tonal flexibility with pedals, and the amp's reduced negative feedback gives greater touch sensitivity and quicker onset of overdrive. The '68 Custom Princeton Reverb's single 10" Celestion TEN 30 speaker also delivers a more distinctively rock ˜n' roll flavor.
Comes equipped with Celestion Speakers (30-Watt speakers) for a more modern, punchy sound that breaks up nicely when pushed. It features reduced negative feedback for a more "touch-sensitive" feel, quicker break up and added harmonic richness.The 68 channels are wired in phase and can be blended for more tonal options, via A/B/Y box. "Custom" channel features a 50s Tweed "Bassman" tone circuit for more low mids and sooner breakup. ˜65 Reissues have the same "Blackface" tone circuit on both sides. The 68 Princeton Reverb has only one channel so it features the "bassman" tone circuit.
Who's it for: Players that love their amps to break up a little sooner, rock players, alternative players that like something a little different, players that use pedals, and players that love the look of "Silverface" amps.
- 12 watts of all-tube power
- Single channel with reverb and tremolo
- Modified tone circuit and reduced negative feedback
- Single 10" Celestion TEN 30
- Controls: Volume, Treble, Bass, Reverb, Speed, Intensity
- Voltage: 120V
- Wattage: 12 watts
- Inputs: Two - (1/4", Input 2 is at -6dB)
- Speaker Jack: Two 1/4" Parallel
- Channels: One
- Rectifier: Tube (1 x 5AR4)
- Pilot Light Jewel: Blue Jewel
- Handle: Molded Plastic Strap with Nickel-Plated Caps
- Front Panel: Silverface Style
- Grill Cover: Black Textured Vinyl Covering with Silver-Turquiose Grille Cloth
- Amplifier Depth: 9.5" (24.13cm)
- Amplifier Width: 19.875" (50.5cm)
- Amplifier Height: 16" (40.6cm)
- Amplifier Weight: 34lb. (15.7kg)
- Effects: Reverb, Vibrato
- Speaker: One - 10" Celestion TEN 30
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Pre Amp Tubes: Groove Tubes - (3 x 12AX7), (1 x 12AT7)
- Power Tubes: Groove Tubes - (2 x 6V6)
- Unique Features: Modified Princeton Reverb circuit with all-tube circuitry, hand-wired tube sockets, custom-made Schumacher transformers (like the originals), genuine Fender tube-driven spring reverb, genuine Fender tube-driven tremolo ("vibrato"), 1968-style Silverface aluminum trim around silver-turquoise grille cloth.
- FootSwitch: 2-Button Footswitch Included
- Knobs: Vintage-Style Skirted Black Plastic
- Cover: Fitted Cover Included
- Type: Tube
- Number of Channels: 1
- Total Power: 12W
- Speaker Size: 1 x 10"
- Preamp Tubes: 3 x 12AX7, 1 x 12AT7
- Power Tubes: 2 x 6V6
- Reverb: Yes
- Effects: Yes (Vibrato)
- EQ: 2-band
- Inputs: 2 x TS
- Footswitch I/O: 1 x 1/4" (reverb, vibrato)
- Footswitch Included: Yes, 2-button footswitch
- Height: 16"
- Width: 19.875"
- Depth: 9.5"
- Weight: 34 lbs.