Fender '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb 22-watt 1x12" Tube Combo Amp
1968 was a transitional year for Fender amps with tone that was still pure Fender but a look that was brand new. With a silver-and-turquoise front panel and classy aluminum "drip edge" grille cloth trim, the Deluxe Reverb received a fresh new face as it remained the ideal recording and performing amp. Small, light and moderately powered, it produced big tube tone, with world-class Fender reverb and vibrato effects. For countless guitarists ever since, the Deluxe Reverb has been the go-to amp for classic Fender sound.
The '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb Amp pays tribute to the classic look, sound and performance of Fender's late-'60s "silverface" amps. In a special twist, both channels boast reverb and tremolo, and the "custom" channel has a modified Bassman tone stack that gives modern players greater tonal flexibility with pedals. The amp also features quicker gain onset and reduced negative feedback for greater touch sensitivity. The '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb's single 12" Celestion G12V-70 speaker also delivers a more distinctively rock ˜n' roll flavor.
Comes equipped with Celestion Speakers (V Type) for a more modern, punchy sound that breaks up nicely when pushed. Reduced negative feedback lends a more "touch-sensitive" feel, quicker break up and added harmonic richness. The shared tremolo on both channels adds to its versatility. Because of this the '68 channels are wired in phase and can be blended for more tonal options, via A/B/Y box. "Custom" channel features a 50s Tweed "Bassman" tone circuit for more low mids and sooner breakup. The Deluxe Reverb has the bright cap removed on the "Vintage" side to make the amp more pedal-friendly.
- 22 watts into 8 ohms of all-tube power
- Both channels with reverb and tremolo
- Custom channel with modified Bassman tone stack
- Quick gain onset and reduced negative feedback
- Single 12" Celestion G12V-70 speakers
- Voltage: 120V
- Wattage: 22 watts @ 8 ohms
- Inputs: Four - (1/4", Two Custom and Two Vintage)
- Speaker Jack: Two 1/4" Parallel
- Channels: Two - (Custom and Vintage)
- Rectifier: Tube (1 x 5AR4)
- Handle: Molded Plastic Strap with Nickel-Plated Caps
- Front Panel: Silverface Style
- Grill Cover: Black Textured Vinyl Covering with Silver-Turquiose Grille Cloth
- Amplifier Depth: 9.5" (24.13cm)
- Amplifier Width: 24.5" (62.2cm)
- Amplifier Height: 17.5" (44.5cm)
- Amplifier Weight: 42lb. (19.05kg)
- Effects: Reverb, Vibrato
- Speaker: One - 12" Celestion G12V-70
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Pre Amp Tubes: Groove Tubes - (4 x 12AX7), (2 X 12AT7)
- Power Tubes: Groove Tubes - (2 x 6V6)
- Unique Features: Modified Deluxe Reverb all-tube circuitry, shared reverb and tremolo on both channels, "Vintage" channel for traditional silverface operation, modified "Custom" channel with Bassman tone stack, reduced negative feedback for greater touch sensitivity, hand-wired tube sockets, custom-made Schumacher transformers (like the originals), genuine Fender tube-driven spring reverb, genuine Fender tube-driven tremolo ("vibrato"), 1968-style Silverface aluminum trim around silver-turquoise grille cloth, fitted amplifier cover included.
- FootSwitch: 2-button footswitch Included
- Knobs: Vintage-Style Skirted Black Plastic
- Cover: Fitted Cover Included
- Number of Channels:2
- Total Power:22W
- Speaker Size:1 x 12"
- Preamp Tubes:4 x 12AX7, 2 x 12AT7
- Power Tubes:2 x 6V6, 1 x 5AR4
- Effects:Yes (Vibrato)
- Inputs:4 x TS
- Footswitch I/O:1 x 1/4" (reverb, vibrato)
- Footswitch Included:Yes, 2-button footswitch
- Weight:42 lbs.