Fender '57 Custom Twin-Amp 40-watt 2x12" Tube Combo Amp
The ’57 Custom Twin-Amp replicates the original low-powered tweed Twin circuit, coveted for its sweet, singing tone and highly responsive dynamics. This responsive hand-wired amp generates clear tone with a bit of “hair” to bring out the expressiveness and nuances of your playing.
Robust and powerful, this pedal-friendly performer offers near-limitless tone-shaping possibilities. The magic of the ’57 Custom Twin-Amp is in the 5E8A circuit powered by a single 12AY7 and three 12AX7 preamp tubes—a classic design that produces a wide range of useful, highly desirable tones. Ideal for playing clubs, this amp breaks up at reasonable volume while still cranking out pristine, clear, three-dimensional clean tones and fat, greasy overdriven blues tones effortlessly. The smooth-sounding bass, treble and presence controls sculpt your sound while offering a high degree of interactivity, unlocking a surprising wealth of sonic possibilities.
A duet of 6L6 power tubes generates 40 watts of power, adding natural tube compression to your tone when “slammed," while a pair of growling 12” alnico speakers replicates the subtlest playing nuances. The hand-wired circuit includes newly sourced yellow coupling capacitors chosen for authentic vintage Fender tone—sparkly cleans and creamy overdrive with smooth top end and round mids. From its golden brown tweed covering to the top-mounted control panel bearing classic chickenhead control knobs, this amplifier embodies eye-catching, vintage-style Fender cool. A pair of dual Bright and Normal ¼” inputs accommodate both and high and low output instruments, reproducing the classic jack field found on Fender amps of yore.
The ’57 Custom Twin-Amp is a versatile sonic architect—timeless, flexible tone is matched with clean power and stunning visual style. Includes a protective amp cover.
- Power: 40W (tube)
- Tubes: one 12AY7, three 12AX7 (preamp); two 6L6 (power amp)
- Two channels: Normal, Bright
- Four inputs: 1/4 in. — two Bright, two Normal
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Speaker: 2x12 Eminence Alnico
- Cabinet Material: Finger-Joined Solid Pine
- Covering/Grille Cloth: Bassman
- Handle: Vintage-style leather with nickel mounting hardware
- Knobs: Chicken-head-style pointer
- Type: Tube, Handwired
- Number of Channels: 2
- Total Power: 40W
- Speaker Size: 2 x 12" Eminence Special design Alnico speaker
- Preamp Tubes: 2 x 12AX7, 2 x 12AY7
- Power Tubes: 2 x 6L6 Power tubes, 2 x 5AR4 Rectifiers
- EQ: Bass, Treble
- Inputs: 2 x 1/4" (bright), 2 x 1/4" (normal)
- Height: 20.5"
- Width: 24.5"
- Depth: 10.8"
- Weight: 56 lbs.