QSC KW153 1000W 15" 3-way Powered Speaker
With proven performance and solid workmanship, the KW153 takes the next evolutionary step in wood enclosure loudspeakers. QSC engineers combined all the technical advancements of the K Series with a custom-designed, tour-grade Baltic birch cabinet for unmatched sound quality and durability that’s ready for the road.
Although smaller and lighter than previous wood enclosure models, the KW153 has power to spare and cranks out clean, tight sound at output levels that seem almost impossible for its size. This 3-way workhorse pushes out so much bottom end that your audience will swear you’re hiding subwoofers somewhere.
Under the hood you'll find an efficient, Class-D power module that pumps out 1000 watts of clean, distortion-free sound with crisp highs and deep, punchy lows. With 60 degrees of coverage, the KW153's 15-in. woofer drives low frequencies down to 33Hz making it especially useful for DJing and live reinforcement of instruments. The 6.5-in. mid-range woofer and 1.75-in. compression driver produce smooth, clear mids and crisp highs. Equally comfortable as a stage monitor, the KW153 enclosure has an angled side for use as a low-profile, horizontal wedge and a flat side for proper side-fill use.
QSC incorporates several proprietary DSP technologies into the KW153, including Digital Extension and Excursion Processing (DEEP). DEEP allows the KW153 to deliver levels of low-frequency extension previously impossible in enclosures of this size. Another innovation is Intrinsic Correction, which uses dozens of spatially-averaged measurements mapped to the processor to deliver smooth and accurate reproduction across the entire sound field. Preventing amplifier clipping or overload is QSC's proprietary GuardRail technology, which monitors the input voltage and controls the amplifier output stage before the onset of clipping.
Connectivity & Monitoring
The back of the KW153 features two XLR-combi inputs, each with its own level control. Both accommodate line-level inputs and one may be switched to microphone level sensitivity. Phono (RCA) input jacks are also included for connection of consumer electronics sources. Dual XLR outputs are provided for dual "loop-thru" XLR/M connectors and a single XLR jack is available as a summed output. All three input sources may be used at once and mixed via the two gain control knobs. In addition, user EQ controls are provided to select between different subwoofer settings. For installed applications, connecting a commonly available potentiometer to the unit's Euroblock connector allows the operator to have gain control from a remote location. Multiple KW Series units can be daisy-chained together to one centralized control.
Suspension and Mounting
The KW153 may be pole-mounted, suspended, or yoke-mounted. The yoke accessory kit (not included) allows for either horizontal or vertical yoke mounting, providing a flexible means of attaching KW Series loudspeakers to a building structure or truss. When suspended deployment is required, M10 threaded inserts support vertical or horizontal suspension, while the integral pole-mount socket accommodates 35 mm speaker poles for use on a speaker stand or over a sub. The pole socket is designed so that the speaker may be angled down 7.5 degrees in order to cover the audience while keeping acoustic energy off reflective walls and ceilings.
QSC KW153 Active 1,000-watt, 15" PA Speaker Features:
- K Series performance in a lightweight, birch design
- 1,000-watt, Class D power module (2 x 500W)
- Extensive DSP (featuring DEEP and Intrinsic Correction) enhances system performance
- DMT (Directivity Matched Transition) ensures uniform coverage across the entire sound field
- Rugged, texture-painted birch enclosures
- 4-position mic/line gain (full-range models)
- Tour-grade 16-gauge steel grilles
- Comfortable ergonomic handles
- M10 rigging points for suspended installation (full-range models)
- Powered: Yes
- Power Configuration: Bi-amped
- LF Driver Size: 1 x 15"
- HF Driver Size: 6.5" (Mid), 1.75" (H)
- LF Driver Power Amp: 500W (Class D)
- HF Driver Power Amp: 500W (Class D, Shared Between Mid and HF)
- Total Power: 1000W
- Inputs: 1 x XLR/TRS Combo (Mic/Line), 1 x XLR/TRS Combo (Line), 2 x RCA
- Outputs: 2 x XLR (Direct), 1 x XLR (Line)
- Frequency Range: 35Hz-20kHz (-10dB)
- Crossover Frequency: 500Hz, 2.1kHz
- Maximum Peak SPL: 134dB
- Horizontal Coverage Angle: 75 Degrees
- Vertical Coverage Angle: 75 Degrees (Axisymmetric)
- Enclosure Material: 15mm Birch Plywood
- Mounting Options: Floor, Pole Mount with 1.37" socket, 11 x M10 Fly Points
- Height: 43.1"
- Width: 18.5"
- Depth: 16.8"
- Weight: 87 lbs.