PreSonus StudioLive 16R - 18-Input, 16-Channel Series III Stage Box and Rack Mixer
The PreSonus StudioLive 16R is a Series III, 16-channel 1 RU stagebox and rack mixer designed to serve as a simple stage box, rack mixer, or combination stagebox and monitor mixer. The 16R is equipped for AVB networking, allowing it to be connected to another Series III mixer via a single, lightweight CAT5e or CAT6 Ethernet cable, eliminating the need for heavy, expensive copper snakes, and the signal degradation caused by long cable runs. All the on-board XMAX microphone preamps can be remotely controlled from the front-of-house position. In stage box + monitor mixer mode, the StudioLive 16R not only serves as a professional networked stage box, but is a full-blown monitor mixer with advanced processing and mixing power.
One rack space to rule them all.
The StudioLive 16R digital mixer is four audio tools in a single rackspace. Use it as a standalone digital mixer with UC Surface remote mixing software. Pair it with your StudioLive Series III console mixer to use as a stage box or integrated monitor mixer. Connect it with EarMix 16M monitor mixers for the ultimate personal monitor system. Plug it into your studio computer, and you have a continuously bidirectional, 36-channel (18x18) USB audio interface with modeled vintage dynamics and EQ plug-ins on every input and bus. Whether used standalone or as part of a complete audio system, no other rackmount digital mixer is as flexible or as powerful.
The StudioLive 16R offers professional-quality sound with its on-board Series III processors and 3rd generation Fat Channel, which implements a plug-in-style workflow that features vintage-style EQ and compression options on every channel, from classic tube limiters to passive EQs. In addition to channel processing, the StudioLive 16R offers 6-band, fully parametric EQ on all mix outputs. There are six FlexMixes that can be individually designated as aux, subgroup, or matrix mixes, while eight Filter DCAs offer easy and flexible control over groups of channels.
There are 16 combo XLR-1/4" inputs (mic/line) and an additional set of stereo RCA inputs for flexibility. The six FlexMix outputs feature 1/4" TRS connectors, while the main output offers balanced XLR connectors. A built-in SD card recorder allows you to quickly and easily record the main mix or any other stereo mix without the need for a computer. What's more, you can simultaneously multitrack record to your laptop via USB or AVB and record in stereo to SD.
The StudioLive 16R ships with an integrated software package including Studio One Artist, UC Surface, and Capture. Studio One Artist is a full-featured DAW for recording, mixing, and playing back tracks. The software offers remote control over the XMAX preamps and the Fat Channel processing. UC Surface offers touch-control for Mac, Windows, Android, and iPad, allowing you to control the mixer wirelessly from anywhere in the room, while Capture allows you to completely automate virtual soundchecks and record shows. Additionally, the StudioMagic plug-in suite is included, which provides a wealth of fresh sounds and effects from companies such as Eventide, Lexicon, SPL, MAAG, Brainworks, and Arturia. The StudioLive 16R ships with a power cord and a USB cable.
The best 16-channel digital mixer for your rack.
Inside the StudioLive 16R, the single-core PreSonus FLEX DSP Engine powers 18 mixing channels, 10 mix buses, and 130 simultaneous processors—including 2 stereo reverberation systems and Fat Channel plug-in models on every input channel and mix bus. This is a true 16-channel digital mixer that can comfortably fit in any size rig. Simply connect it to a standard wireless router and control every mix parameter from your iPad®, Android™ tablet, or Windows® Touch computer using UC Surface. UC Surface was designed to make mixing on a touch screen as intuitive as mixing on faders, but with the benefit of allowing you to mix front-of-house from anywhere in the venue.
An integrated monitor mixer.
Professional venues and touring acts know that having a dedicated monitor mixer is the best way to ensure musicians can hear themselves clearly on stage. When connected to a StudioLive Series III console mixer, the StudioLive 16R provides remote inputs and main outputs while simultaneously retaining full control over its FlexMixes, so you can create up to six monitor mixes complete with independent gate, compression, EQ, and effects on every channel and bus.
- 18 total inputs
- 16 mic/line channel inputs + 2 RCA inputs
- 6 x 1/4" TRS FlexMix outputs
- 2 x XLR (L/R) Main outputs
- Stereo headphone output
- 16 input channels
- 1 stereo digital return (SD Card, AVB, or USB)
- 10 buses:
- 6 FlexMixes (can be designated as aux, subgroup, or matrix mixes)
- 2 internal effects sends
- Stereo main bus
- 6 Filter DCAs for easily and flexibly controlling groups of channels
- 1 Ethernet control network port
- Dynamic, self-assigned, and manual IP address modes
- 1 Ethercon AVB audio network port
- On-board stereo SD recorder
- 18 x 18 USB recording interface
- 32 x 32 AVB recording interface
- Intuitive Fat Channel signal processing on every channel with:
- A/B settings comparison
- High-pass filter and polarity reverse
- Gate/expander with sidechain
- Compressor with sidechain
- 4-band parametric EQ on inputs
- 6-band parametric EQ on outputs
- Delay on every input
- Delay on every output
- Professionally programmed library of presets
- Vintage EQ and compressor models available on every input:
- Passive EQ
- Vintage EQ
- Tube compressor
- FET compressor
- 8 x 31-band graphic EQs
- 2 internal effects buses: Combination of reverbs and delays with modern and vintage options
- Built-in real-time analyzer
- Create, save, and edit up to 100 scenes
- Scene management with:
- Scene Safe—prevents a scene change from affecting designated “safe” channels
- Create, save, and edit channel settings and copy/paste between channels
- Advanced channel preset options can save and recall:
- Channel type and name
- Input settings (preamp, +48V phantom power, polarity, pan)
- Fat Channel A & B settings
- Bus assignments
- Aux and effects send levels and pan
- Select button color
- 8 Quick Scenes
- 8 Mute groups
- Studio-quality converters with 115 dB dynamic range
- 48 kHz operation with 24-bit resolution
- UC Surface touch control software for Mac, Windows, iPad, and Android
- Studio One Artist digital audio workstation software for Mac and Windows
- Capture multitrack recording software for Mac and Windows
- QMix-UC aux-control software for iOS and Android available free from Apple App Store and Google Play