Allen & Heath DX168 Portable DX Expander for dLive Mixing Systems (16 Input / 8 Output)
The rugged DX168 Portable DX Expander from Allen & Heath adds remote inputs and outputs to the dLive S Class or C Class mixing systems. It features 16 XLR mic/line inputs, with independent phantom power LED indicators, along with eight XLR line outputs. The expander connects to the dLive system via a Cat 5 cable (sold separately), allowing for the inputs and outputs to be positioned up to 330' away from the mixer.
Up to six DX168 units can be added to a dLive system for a total of 96 inputs and 48 outputs, and Cascade mode allows daisy-chaining of two DX168 expanders for additional inputs and outputs. The sturdy and versatile design of the expander and hard-wearing rubber bumpers allow it to be placed directly on the stage floor during performances or rack-mounted in a standard 19" rack or case (requires a remote audio rack kit—sold separately). It also comes with a carry handle for convenience and portability.
- 16 Mic Preamps on XLR with Phantom Power status LEDs
- 8 XLR Line Outs
- Compatible with dLive S Class and dLive C Class hardware
- Up to 6 DX168 units can be added to a dLive system for 96 inputs / 48 outputs
- Cascade mode allows daisy-chaining of 2 DX168 Expanders for additional I/O (requires firmware 1.60 or higher)
- Redundant DX connection to dLive S Class hardware
- Optional 19-inch rack mount kit available
- Plug and Play – no IP addressing required
- Compatible with CAT5e (or higher) cables of up to 100m
- Rubber bumpers
- Carry handle