Roland V-Combo VR-730 73-key Live Performance Keyboard
The V-Combo VR-730 is a spectacular touring, gigging and recording keyboard instrument that features outstanding organ, electric piano, acoustic piano, and synth sounds It has a 73-note waterfall keyboard that will thrill organ specialists and that is also particularly expressive with electric piano timbres. The VR-730 gives you all of the essential sounds and authentic playability a performing keyboard player requires, and if you are in a performance environment that relies heavily on organ sounds, this instrument is for you.
The onboard organs faithfully respond to classic techniques, while the historic electric pianos—which include a special selection from the acclaimed RD-2000 Stage Piano—offer impeccable tone and touch. And with the smart user interface and direct access controls, you can focus on playing without being bothered with fussy adjustments and complicated settings. The V-Combo VR-730 is the perfect instrument for pro performers on the move, providing versatile, gig-ready sounds in a highly mobile package.
Classic Waterfall Keyboard
The VR-730 is equipped with a 73-note waterfall keyboard with semi-weighted action, ideal for playing traditional organ techniques like trill, sputter, glissando, and percussive hits. As soon as you put your hands on the keys, you’ll feel right at home with the smooth touch that has just the right amount of resistance. And with the quick-firing response, it’s easy and comfortable to play fast passages, percussive attack expressions, and soft glissandos. The waterfall shape also provides a friendly feel for piano players, and the extra octave is a welcome addition for those used to 61-note keyboards, offering extended playing range and bigger zones for splits.
Expressive Freedom On Stage
The VR-730 was designed with the needs of live players in mind. Its smart, nicely organized front-panel layout features a clear LCD screen and dedicated organ, piano, and synth sound sections. This gives you direct access to all the essential sounds you need, plus lots of real-time controls for expressive tone manipulation. Seven simultaneous effects include rotary, delay, reverb, tone, overdrive, compressor, and MFX, and the dedicated knobs tweak multiple parameters for powerful sound shaping with minimal effort. It’s also simple to set up splits and layers on the fly, and to save all your settings in user memory locations for instant recall on stage.
Authentic Combo Organs with Virtual Tone Wheel Tech
Roland’s Virtual Tone Wheel Organ engine faithfully emulates the sound-generating process of a real tone wheel organ in every way, while nine harmonic bars provide classic hands-on tone control. Rotary effects are vital to the combo organ sound, and the VR-730’s three genre-oriented types make it simple to call up the right rotary tone for any style, from gospel and pop to jazz and rock. You can also deepen the sound further with the Twin Rotary effect, add some grit with tube-style overdrive, or call up the ring modulator for a more aggressive sound.
Anchor Your Music with Essential Electric and Acoustic Pianos
Piano is a cornerstone sound for live playing, and the VR-730 provides a wide selection for covering all musical styles. Many historic electric piano are on board, including a favorite from the RD-2000. You can also spice up your EPs with vintage effects like phaser, tremolo, touch wah, and tape delay. The gorgeous acoustic grand piano features 88-note stereo multi-sampling, delivering pro-level tone that rivals Roland’s dedicated stage pianos. The VR-730’s easy-access compressor effect works great with the piano sounds, ensuring that your playing always cuts through when performing with loud bands and big ensembles.
SuperNATURAL Synth Sounds from Vintage to Modern
The VR-730 is packed with a ton of ready-to-play synths, from Roland analog classics like JUNO strings and JUPITER pads to textured, modern-era digital tones and beyond. There are lots of fat, analog-style lead and bass tones to choose from as well, plus organic ‘80s-era synth sounds from Roland’s famous D-50. The 200-plus sounds cover a wide range of styles and genres, and are organized into dedicated one-touch categories like Lead, Bass, Pad, Strings, and more for fast access.
Classic Combo Design, Ready for the Stage
The VR-730 offers a classic streamlined appearance with real wood side panels, delivering the authentic vibe of a vintage combo organ. The control panel’s matte finish hides fingerprints for a clean and tidy look, and also eliminates harsh reflections from stage lighting that can reduce visibility.
Expand Your Sound Collection with Free Downloads from Roland’s Axial Sound Library Site
Roland’s Axial site is the official tone library home for downloading new sounds for Roland keyboards. Specially designed by top programmers, “The Cover Band Collection” for the VR-730 provides dozens of patches inspired by popular songs, giving you lots of ready-to-play sounds for all types of gigs. Be sure to check Axial often, as we’re always adding new sounds for the VR-730 and other Roland instruments.
Dedicated iPad Editor for Organs and Synths
The free VR-09 Editor app for iPad gives you powerful, intuitive control of the VR-730’s organ and synth sound engines via your tablet’s full-color touchscreen interface. Quickly edit organ sounds and customize vintage tone wheel characteristics such as leakage, click noise, and rotary speed, and easily access synth sounds to build custom tones and layers. After tweaking sounds at home, you can take your iPad to the gig and use the app for extra real-time control on stage. Cable-free communication between the VR-730 and iPad is simple to set up with Roland Wireless Connect. Alternately, you can link up with a standard USB cable using the appropriate adapter for your specific iPad model.
Roland V-Combo VR-730 Live Performance Keyboard Features:
- Portable performance keyboard with pro sounds for all music styles
- 73-note waterfall keybed with semi-weighted action for legit organ and EP playing feel
- Dedicated panel sections give you immediate access to organ, piano, and synth sounds
- Sweetwater Exclusive sound library expansion created by Daniel Fisher
- Roland's Virtual Tone Wheel Organ delivers authentic vintage organ sounds
- 9 drawbars make dialing in the perfect organ sound easy
- 3 onboard rotary effects, including an aggressive rock rotary type
- Vintage electric pianos and rich acoustic grand pianos
- Broad selection of SuperNATURAL synth sounds, from vintage classics to modern must-haves
- Onboard sound library expandable with free downloads from Roland's Axial website
- Free downloadable iPad editor app for customizing organ and synth sounds
- 7 simultaneous effects with dedicated real-time controls
- D-BEAM optical controller for advanced performance options
- Enhance your performances and practice sessions with rhythm patterns, metronome, USB audio recording/playback, and more
- Gig-ready, 21.82-pound vintage-styled chassis with contoured wooden end cheeks
- Runs on AC or battery power
- Type: Stage Keyboard
- Sound Engine Type(s): Virtual Tone Wheel Organ, SuperNatural Synth, PCM Synth
- Number of Keys: 73
- Type of Keys: Semi-weighted, waterfall style, velocity sensitive
- Other Controllers: Pitchbend/Modulation lever, D-Beam controller
- Polyphony: 128 Notes
- Number of Presets: 268 sounds
- Effects Types: Delay, Reverb, Overdrive, Chorus, Vibrato, Rotary,
- Audio Recording: WAV files, 16-bit/44.1kHz
- Audio Playback: WAV, AIFF, MP3
- Storage: USB flash drive
- Audio Inputs: 1 x 1/8" (aux in)
- Audio Outputs: 2 x 1/4" (main out)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4"
- USB: 1 x Type A, 1 x Type B
- MIDI I/O: In/Out/USB
- Pedal Inputs: 2 x 1/4" (damper, expression), 1 x 8-pin DIN (PK-9 pedalboard)
- Software: iPad editor app
- Power Supply: AC adapter power supply (included) / 6 x AA batteries (Ni-MH)
- Height: 4.87"
- Width: 47.87"
- Depth: 14.43"
- Weight: 21 lbs. 14 oz.