Roland System-8 Plug-Out Synthesizer
The SYSTEM-8 delivers a vast palette of sounds inspired by over four decades of legendary Roland synths. Its next-gen Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) engine powers an eight-voice, three-oscillator monster with stunning filters and effects, highly versatile LFOs, and a massive array of high-resolution knobs and sliders to control it all. Support for three PLUG-OUT synths means the SYSTEM-8 can host recreations of numerous Roland classics, with JUNO-106 and JUPITER-8 included at purchase. Split and layer synths for unheard of sounds, and tap into the integrated vocoder, arpeggiator, CV/Gate outs, and advanced polyphonic step sequencer to fuel endless creative explorations.
Advanced Sound Engine
Roland’s acclaimed Analog Circuit Behavior approach recreates historic analog sounds with forward-thinking technology. The SYSTEM-8 is equipped with the most advanced ACB engine yet, which offers eight voices of polyphony, three oscillators (including a sub oscillator option), and silky-smooth filters with ultra-detailed resolution. It’s easy to dial up warm pads, fat basses, expressive lead tones, and more, all inspired by the rich sonic character of the legendary SYSTEM series. Reaching beyond the retro vibe, the versatile SYSTEM-8 is also capable of producing crisp, dynamic tones and textures that are ideal for modern sound designers.
￼In addition to its impressive internal sound engine, the SYSTEM-8 features three expansion slots for hosting and controlling Roland’s PLUG-OUT software synths. JUPITER-8 and JUNO-106 PLUG-OUTs are included, giving you immediate access to authentic sonic reproductions of these Roland classics. Optional PLUG-OUTs such as the SH-2, SH-101, PROMARS, and others are supported as well. Using the SYSTEM-8’s Performance mode, you can combine the internal synth engine and hosted PLUG-OUTs to create super-synth patches with layered voices, custom splits, and more.
Maximum Sonic Control
With its comprehensive interface, the SYSTEM-8 offers countless ways to shape sounds and discover new ones. The panel is packed with direct-access controls for dynamic sound creation and live performance expression. Many hi-res filter types are available courtesy of the advanced ACB engine, including a powerful side-band filter inherited from Roland’s influential V-Synth. Tons of top-notch effects are on hand for adding character and ambience, from overdrive, distortion, and fuzz to delay, chorus, reverb, and more. And just like the numerous synth parameters, the effects have grab-and-go controls that make it simple to enhance sounds as you play.
Designed to inspire, the SYSTEM-8 is filled with intuitive performance tools to spark your creativity. The 64-step sequencer features a familiar TR-REC style interface and dedicated controls to record, play, and manipulate loop sequences in real time. While building your sequences, you can capture single notes or full chords, as well as all your knob and slider moves. The Arpeggio function is equipped with quick-access knobs for switching patterns and styles as you play, while Chord Memory allows you to trigger polyphonic note stacks with a single key. The SYSTEM-8 even has an advanced vocoder built in, offering another expressive option for delivering unique and memorable synth performances.
USB and CV/Gate
While the SYSTEM-8 excels as a performance instrument, it easily integrates with your production software and external gear. The synth functions as a USB audio/MIDI interface for your DAW, and the 49 full-size keys provide a responsive, great-feeling keyboard for recording MIDI tracks. There’s even a control surface mode for using the SYSTEM-8’s knobs, sliders, and buttons with your soft synths. And with the built-in CV/Gate outputs, you can send note/pitch data from the synth engine and step sequencer to trigger your modular synths and retro gear.
Roland System-8 49-key Plug-out Synthesizer Features:
- Powerhouse 49-key performance synthesizer with Analog Circuit Behavior technology
- Create rich and detailed tones with 8 voices, 3 oscillators, filters, modulation, and more
- Internal sound engine delivers classic and modern analog sound production
- Expand your tonal palette with 3 Plug-out slots — Jupiter-8 and JUNO-106 Plug-outs included
- Sophisticated lowpass, highpass, and side-band filters include high-resolution controls
- Dedicated knobs, sliders, and buttons offer extensive and intuitive real-time control
- 64-step polyphonic step sequencer features a classic TR-REC interface
- Enhance your performances with the arpeggiator, vocoder, and polyphonic Chord Memory
- Add complexity to your sounds with a large selection of onboard effects
- CV/Gate outputs make interfacing with modular synths and vintage gear easy
- USB/MIDI interface and control surface mode provide total studio integration
- Sound Engine Type(s): 3 Variable Oscillators, Roland ACB sound engine
- Number of Keys: 49
- Type of Keys: Synth action, Velocity sensitive
- Other Controllers: Pitchbend/Modulation lever
- Polyphony: 8
- Number of Presets: 64 patches, 64 performance
- Effects Types: Delay, Chorus, Flanger, Reverb, Overdrive, Phaser and more
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Sequencer: 64 step sequencer, Step/Realtime recording
- Storage: SD card slot
- Audio Inputs: 2 x 1/4"
- Audio Outputs: 2 x 1/4" (main out)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4"
- USB: 1 x Type B
- MIDI I/O: In/Out
- Pedal Inputs: 2 x 1/4" (hold, control)
- Other I/O: Trigger in, Gate out, CV out
- Expansion: Host and control additional Roland Plug-Out software synths
- Power Supply: AC Adapter included
- Height: 4.3"
- Width: 34.7"
- Depth: 14.3"
- Weight: 13 lbs. 1 oz.