Roland Jupiter-Xm Synthesizer
Since the release of the JUPITER-4 in 1978, the name JUPITER has marked the pinnacle of Roland sound and playability. Roland synthesizers with the JUPITER name carry our most advanced sound technologies, are supremely playable, and are built from premium materials.
JUPITER-Xm combines classic Roland design and premium build quality with a powerful new synth engine. It faithfully recreates sought-after instruments from our long history of genre-defining sounds. And with multiple layers, loads of polyphony, and deep hands-on control, you can craft huge, spacious sounds that have as much sparkle as they have warmth and punch.
JUPITER-Xm may redefine what you think a synthesizer can be. It has a universe of sounds, expanding all the time. It can jam with you, inspire you, and capture your ideas. It can go just about anywhere, and it doesn’t need any cables or wires to function—not even for power. The JUPITER-Xm is an entire electronic production and performance environment that you can put under one arm. Where you take it, is up to you.
Classic analog to vintage digital. And beyond.
JUPITER-Xm is equipped with our latest sound engine, capable of morphing into legendary synths from our long history of genre-defining sounds. It’s so flexible that it can reproduce our highly sought-after analog classics like the JUPITER-8, JUNO-106 and SH-101, but also vintage digital machines like the XV-5080 and modern RD pianos. You also get the many Roland drum machines that are the foundation of electronic and dance music like the TR-808, 909, 707, 727, 606, CR-78 and more. It’s like a studio full of vintage gear, with modern capabilities and a deep synth engine so you can explore unmapped sonic territory.
Need something wonderful, fast? The JUPITER-Xm’s I-Arpeggio is a next generation arpeggiator that uses artificial intelligence to not just accompany you, but to inspire you. I-Arpeggio takes your input—notes, rhythms, phrases—and creates complementary drum parts, basslines, chords, and arpeggiated lines. It works on each of JUPITER-Xm’s five parts simultaneously, and generated patterns can be customized and even exported to your DAW. These aren’t preset backing tracks, but intelligently generated beats and phrases that fill out your live performance and pulverize writer’s block.
Find the sweet spots
In addition to its informative display, JUPITER-Xm has an array of large, comfortable knobs, sliders, and buttons. They feel sturdy and precise for incredibly smooth sweeps and subtle changes. There’s a dedicated effects section and switching between synth layers is quick, so you can immediately take control of any aspect of the sound. This kind of natural, hands-on control gives you the feeling of reaching in and touching the sound, shaping it to find just the right settings for the moment.
The power of polyphony
JUPITER-Xm can layer up to five parts, four for synths and one for drums. To power all of this, you have up to 256 notes of polyphony available overall, with up to 32 notes available for authentic models of Roland classics like the JX-8P or JUPITER-8. With so much polyphony available, you can create layers of sounds and backing parts without limiting complex chords or sacrificing your creative vision. Create the perfect bass and lead split with an SH-101 and JUNO-106, layer a rich RD piano with lush JX-8P strings, or make a monster stack of JUPITER-8s.
Built to last. Made to play.
Whether it’s a personal studio, professional studio, or part of a touring rig, JUPITER-Xm is right at home. Tough metal and premium components mean it stands up to the rigors of live performance and always feels solid and precise. The high-quality, balanced connections, full-sized MIDI jacks, and multiple pedal inputs mean JUPITER-Xm is ready for any kind of situation.
So portable. So playable.
Too often you must sacrifice playability and expression for something easily portable. JUPITER-Xm strikes a perfect balance with an all-new 37-key slim keyboard that redefines what a compact keyboard can be. Small doesn’t have to mean cheap, and in the case of the JUPITER-Xm, you get solid, responsive keys and three full octaves in a space generally reserved for a lot less.
JUPITER-Xm is part of an expandable platform so it can be updated with fresh new content as it becomes available.
Roland JUPITER-Xm Synthesizer Features:
- Compact synth with 37-note slim keyboard
- Bluetooth for wireless freedom, on-the-go
- Operates for hours on eight AA batteries
- From classic analog to vintage digital — and beyond
- Cutting-edge ZEN-Core sound engine with various Model sound generators
- Polyphony: up to 256 notes (depending on tone structure)
- I-Arpeggio for instant inspiration
- Extensive hands-on controls
- Pitchbend and Mod wheels
- Onboard FX engine
- XLR-1/4" Combo Mic input
- 3.5mm AUX input
- 1/4" TS and balanced XLR Outputs
- MIDI 5/pin DIN I/O
- USB-to-Host; USB-to-Device
- 1/4" Headphone output
- 2 Pedal jacks
- Included AC adapter
- Type: Keyboard Synth
- Sound Engine Type(s): ZEN-Core
- Analog/Digital: Digital
- Number of Keys: 37
- Type of Keys: Slim-key, Velocity-sensitive
- Other Controllers: Pitchbend, Mod wheel, 2 x Slider (assignable), 3 x Switches (assignable)
- Polyphony: 256 Notes (tone setting dependent)
- Presets: 4,000 Preset Tones, 256 User Tones, 90 Drum Kits, 256 Scenes
- Effects Types: Multi-effects, Part EQ (5 systems), 7 x Reverb, 4 x Chorus, 5 x Delay, Overdrive, NS/Compressor (mic), Master EQ/Compressor
- Arpeggiator: I-Arpeggio, 5 parts, Multi-part with play detection
- Storage: External USB Flash Drive (sold separately)
- Audio Inputs: 1 x 1/8" (aux in), 1 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic)
- Audio Outputs: 2 x 1/4" (L/R), 2 x XLR (L/R)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4", 1 x 1/8"
- USB: 1 x Type A, 1 x Type B
- Bluetooth: v4.2
- MIDI I/O: In/Out/USB/Bluetooth
- Pedal Inputs: 1 x 1/4" (control), 1 x 1/4" (hold)
- Power Supply: 12V DC power supply (included) / 8 x AA batteries (Ni-MH)
- Height: 3.68"
- Width: 22.68"
- Depth: 12.12"
- Weight: 9 lbs. 12 oz.