Roland JUNO-DS76 Synthesizer
The Roland JUNO-DS76 is the portable modern synth that can keep up with your busy band life. Lightweight, compact, and powerful, this 76-note instrument is always ready to go, with easy operation and instant access to pro onboard sounds that let you create or perform music anywhere, from studio to stage. And with its extended-range keyboard, the JUNO-DS76 is ideally suited for playing advanced arrangements with multiple sounds split across the keys.
To extend your musical range on stage, you need the right instrument. The JUNO-DS76 is equipped with a huge variety of ready-to-play pro sounds for any genre, and features an expressive 76-note keyboard for maximizing your performance style. The wider keyboard range make it more comfortable to use split setups, such as playing organ or synth sounds with the right hand and a bass sound with the left. The keys are also a little longer than a standard synth keyboard, providing a playing feel that’s smooth and consistent no matter where you press a key.
Own the stage, studio and street
When your band is ready to take on the world, there’s nothing worse than a cumbersome synth that ties you to the bedroom. From stage to studio and back, the streamlined JUNO-DS76 is ready to go anywhere you play. With its compact, lightweight design and speedy setup, this synth takes hectic schedules in stride, letting you dart from a last-minute band rehearsal to a make-or-break gig, then across town for a late-night recording session. Clubs, pubs, and even street gigs are all feasible, thanks to optional battery power. In an industry that moves fast, the JUNO-DS76 keeps you running at the front of the pack.
Find your sound instantly
It’s frustrating when the band adds a new song to the set and you can’t find the right sound in your synth. The JUNO-DS76 has the pro onboard sounds to keep you covered, whatever genre comes up next. Instantly choose your favorites from nine categories, and with over 1,000 sounds that include acoustic and electric pianos, organs, and synth, there’s enough choice to cover any musical genre or performance style. What’s more, the patches from the previous-generation JUNO-Di synth are fully compatible too. Just think of a sound and it’s right there at your fingertips with the JUNO-DS76.
Your signature sound
Some synths make you stick with the factory settings, which can leave your music sounding a little generic. But the JUNO-DS76 is wide open, allowing your unique creative vision to shine. The instant-access design lets you call up pro sounds in seconds. But even if this is your first synth, it’s simple to dig into an array of adjustable parameters and develop your own voice. In Performance mode, you can set up advanced sounds like layering strings with acoustic piano, or assigning organ and bass to your right and left hands respectively. Create and tweak patches quickly, and shape sounds during a song with hands-on controls. You can even connect expression pedals via the rear panel to take your performance expression to the next level.
Free downloadable sounds
As your band gets adventurous and your playing evolves, it’s vital to have a synth that will keep up with your ambition. The JUNO-DS76’s onboard sounds and editing capabilities are just the beginning—this modern instrument also supports internal waveform expansion via USB, bringing the best synth sounds from the web into your performances. It’s easy to get started, with the versatile EXP-06 Studio Collection preloaded in the wave expansion slot. Then choose your favorites from over 1000 EXP patches available as free downloads at Roland’s Axial website. You’ll find top-quality acoustic piano collections, world instruments, go-to studio standards, percussion, and loops. It’s even possible to load in WAV files from your own sound library and play them from the keyboard. Using the free JUNO-DS Librarian software, you can easily manage your growing sound collection right from your computer.
Solo jam sessions
Just because your bandmates aren’t available to rehearse, that doesn’t stop you from honing your skills with a jam session. Using the JUNO-DS76’s eight Phrase Pads, you can add instant beats under your keyboard parts or copy MP3/WAV audio data to USB memory and play along with full-band backing. When your shows need more dynamics, the Phrase Pads also function as a live sampler. Just load them up with anything from sound effects to loops, and then trigger them with a quick touch during the gig.
8-track pattern sequencer
When songwriting inspiration strikes, you need to catch it fast, and complicated gear can kill the moment. The simple-to-use JUNO-DS76 is the songwriter’s best friend—when you have an idea for a song or beat, you can easily capture and develop it with the onboard pattern sequencer. The intuitive, non-stop operation won’t interrupt your creative flow, letting you build up full arrangements with multiple sounds in a flash. It’s a great tool for live work too, letting you enhance performances with pre-made backing music and on-the-fly looping.
Stand out from the crowd
If you’re a solo performer or singer/songwriter, you’ll love the JUNO-DS76’s mic input, which lets you get great vocal sounds without having to carry around extra gear. There’s a dedicated vocal reverb, plus Auto Pitch for singing with the “stepped” electronic vocal effect popular in today’s music. The built-in vocoder is inspirational too, allowing you to sing into a mic and control the tone and pitch via sounds played on the keyboard.
Connect to your DAW
As a modern musician, you’ll do most of your recording using a DAW. The JUNO-DS76 has everything you need to integrate with your computer and production software, with no other external gear required. The integrated USB interface provides a solid front end for a mobile or studio recording setup, allowing you to record MIDI and audio data, including sounds from the keyboard’s mic input. There’s even a dedicated DAW Control mode for controlling your music software from the synth’s front panel. With the JUNO-DS76, it’s never been simpler to get your songs completed and ready for release.
Roland JUNO-DS76 Portable 76-key Synthesizer Features:
- Portable synthesizer with pro sounds, enhanced performance features, and battery-powered operation
- 76-note velocity-sensitive keyboard with comfortable synth action
- Loaded with performance-ready sounds including updated pianos and additional organs
- Access over 1,000 free downloadable EXP sounds from Roland's Axial website
- Compatible with the previous-generation JUNO-Di's patches
- Sample import function for playing your WAV files on the keyboard
- Easy sound manipulation and editing with hands-on knobs and sliders
- 8 Phrase Pads for enhancing your performances with triggered samples and songs
- Mic input and dedicated reverb, vocoder, and Auto Pitch effects for impressive vocal performances
- 8-track pattern sequencer with non-stop recording for quickly developing song ideas
- Build a mobile recording studio with the integrated USB interface
- Type: Synthesizer
- Sound Engine Type(s): Updated Juno Engine, Juno-Di compatible
- Analog/Digital: Digital
- Number of Keys: 76
- Type of Keys: Synth Action, Velocity-sensitive
- Other Controllers: Pitchbend/Modulation Lever
- Pads: 8 x Phrase Pads
- Polyphony: 128
- Presets: Over 1200 Patches, Over 30 Drum kits, Over 64 performances
- Number of Effects: 80
- Effects Types: Mic Effects: Reverb, Vocoder, Auto Pitch ; Synth: Distortion, Flanger, Chorus, Reverb, Multi-FX, Dynamics, Delay, 3D Effects
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Sequencer: 8-track Pattern Sequencer
- Audio Playback: WAV, MP3
- Audio Inputs: 1 x 1/4" (mic), 1 x 1/8" (external in)
- Audio Outputs: 2 x 1/4" (L/mono, R)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4"
- USB: 1 x USB Type A (stored trigger samples), 1 x USB Type B (Audio/MIDI)
- MIDI I/O: In/Out/USB
- Pedal Inputs: 1 x 1/4" (control), 1 x 1/4" (hold)
- Expansion: Wave Expansion Slot, Sample Import (WAV), Download Roland EXP Sounds
- Software: Juno-DS Tone Manager, Librarian Software
- Power Supply: 9V DC power supply (included) / 8 x AA batteries
- Height: 4"
- Width: 48.5"
- Depth: 12.25"
- Weight: 15 lbs. 4 oz.