Roland FA-07 76-key Music Workstation
Roland’s FA series reimagines the idea of the music workstation, streamlining it for effortless real-time power, ultra-fast workflow and maximum versatility. Each model in the series features a massive sound collection, studio-quality effects and expressive real-time controls, plus onboard sampling with zero load time for instant playback from 16 pads. An integrated sequencer offers simple operation and non-stop loop recording, and you can easily export tracks for further development with your DAW. This is the 76-note FA-07, which features a velocity-sensitive keyboard with synth action.
Music workstations play an important role for keyboardists in a wide range of creative activities. However, they can often be complicated and difficult to use to their full potential, bogging down the creative process. In developing the FA series, Roland has redesigned the music workstation to let your inspiration flow, allowing you to perform on stage and develop musical ideas with less effort than ever before.
Massive Selection of Roland’s Best Sounds
Packed with over 2000 tones inherited from the INTEGRA-7, Roland’s flagship pro sound module, the FA series offers a huge palette of high-quality sounds for virtually any musical style. All of the INTEGRA-7’s SuperNATURAL synth and XV-5080 PCM tones are on board, plus an essential collection of expressive SuperNATURAL acoustic tones that include pianos, organs, bass, strings, and many others. And with the newly added Tone Remain function, you can switch sounds seamlessly with no notes or effect tails being unnaturally cut off.
Capture Ideas and Create Songs Without Interruption
The FA series’ intuitive 16-track sequencer has been designed to let you capture your inspiration as it happens. In a flash, you can build a full arrangement with the instrument’s huge array of sounds. And with continuous recording in loop mode, you’re able to fill up all 16 tracks without ever stopping! In addition to real-time capture, step recording is also possible, and you have complete control to edit and mix your tracks as you go and save songs as stereo audio files to an SDHC card.
A Wide Range of Simultaneous Effects
The FA series provides numerous options for polishing your sounds and sequencer tracks to studio-level perfection. Independent MFX engines are available for all 16 parts of a studio set, and with the unique TFX (total effects), you can process the entire output with dramatic effects such as DJ FX Looper, Isolator, and others. All the effects can be tweaked with the Sound Modify knobs to add real-time expression to your performances and productions.
Instant-Access Performance Sampler
The sampler in the FA series features fast, hands-on operation and sampling/playback via convenient SDHC cards. You can play audio samples directly from the 16 pads on the front panel, making it easy to expand your performances with loops, backing tracks, one-shots, vocal phrases, sound FX, and more. And thanks to SDHC flash memory, your samples load instantly, with no wait time at all.
Seamless DAW Integration
In addition to its impressive standalone performance, the FA series easily transitions into any DAW environment. With a press of the DAW Control button, you can instantly set up the keyboard to communicate with your software via USB.* Dedicated control maps for popular DAWs provide quick setup for operating transport functions and other parameters in your software. In addition, you can use the FA as a USB audio interface to record a variety sources directly into your DAW and monitor them through the stereo output and headphones jack. A free license for Ableton Live Lite is now included with every FA keyboard, enabling you to pair up your instrument with a powerful DAW right away.
Roland FA-07 Keyboard Workstation Features:
- Full-service keyboard workstation designed to make creating and performing music fun and intuitive
- Streamlined user interface provides you with a completely uninhibited, creative workflow
- Great feeling semi-weighted 76-note keyboard provides a nice balance for playing a wide range of instrument sounds
- Includes over 2000 sounds from the flagship Roland INTEGRA-7 sound module, including SuperNATURAL synth and acoustic tones and drums
- Add even more tones via internal wave sound expansion slots or download additional SuperNATURAL synth patches from Roland's Axial sound library site
- Onboard sampler based on the SP-404SX features 16 pads, 4 banks, and direct recording and playback via SDHC cards
- 16-track sequencer with nonstop loop recording lets you build songs quickly
- Export your sequencer tracks to an SDHC card as a complete stereo mix, as multitrack audio, or as MIDI data
- Polish your sounds with studio-quality effects including 16 independent MFX engines, 6 COMP+EQ processors for drums, unique TFX (total effects), and global EQ, chorus, and reverb
- Tweak tones, effects, and external MIDI devices in real time via 6 user-assignable Sound Modify knobs
- Press a button to instantly configure your workstation for use with your DAW via USB (control templates for most major DAWs included)
- D-Beam, Rhythm Pattern, Arpeggiator, and Chord Memory functions open up new possibilities for your live performances
- Guitar/Mic and Line input jacks for performing, sampling, and DAW audio recording
- Dedicated input reverb provides ambience for performing or tracking
- USB ports provide connectivity sound expansion data, updates, and audio/MIDI interfacing with a computer
- MIDI communication with the iPad possible when using Apple's iPad Camera Connection Kit
- Type: Music Workstation
- Sound Engine Type(s): SuperNATURAL Synth, XV-5080 PCM, GM2 Compatible
- Number of Keys: 76
- Type of Keys: Semi-weighted, velocity sensitive
- Other Controllers: 1 x Pitchbend/Mod Wheel, 1 x D-Beam, 16 x Sample Pads
- Polyphony: 128 Notes
- Number of Presets: 2000+
- Effects Types: 16 x Multi-FX Engines, 6 x COMP+EQ Processors for Drums, Master EQ, Chorus, Reverb
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Sequencer: 16-track
- Sampling: 16-bit/44.1kHz (WAV,AIFF, MP3 import)
- Audio Playback: Yes
- Storage: SDHC card slot
- Audio Inputs: 1 x 1/4" (guitar/mic), 1 x 1/8" (line)
- Audio Outputs: 2 x 1/4" (left, right), 1 x 1/4" (sub out)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4"
- USB: 1 x Type A, 1 x Type B
- MIDI I/O: In/Out
- Pedal Inputs: 3 x 1/4" (ctrl 1, ctrl 2, hold)
- Expansion: 2 x Virtual SRX Slots
- Power Supply: 9V DC 1300mA power supply (included)
- Height: 4.25"
- Width: 48.5"
- Depth: 12.25"
- Weight: 18 lbs. 12 oz.