Roland V-Drums TD-17KVX Electronic Drum Set
Roland V-Drums Kit with 12" Mesh Snare
The Roland TD-17KVX electronic drum set is the top-tier model in Roland's new TD-17 Series. It's underscored by quality sounds, large responsive mesh pads, easy-to-use features and training tools, and sturdy, rugged reliability. Powered by the TD-17 drum module, the TD-17KVX also features a larger PDX-12 dual-trigger mesh snare pad which feels more like an acoustic snare with a shallower rim, sensitive PDX-8 dual-trigger mesh tom pads, dynamic and realistic-feeling KD-10 kick trigger, two CY-12C dual-trigger crash V-Cymbals, a larger CY-13R three-way ride V-Cymbal, advanced VH-10 V-Hi-Hat and the solid, versatile MDS-COM drum stand.
The stand out features of the TD-17KVX are definitely the larger cymbal pads and the advanced VH-10 V-Hi-Hat. The new VH-10 V-Hi-Hat features excellent playability, and realistic hi-hat performance. The “floating” design mounts on a standard acoustic hi-hat stand, has a dual trigger cymbal pad, and faithfully recreates every hi-hat nuance. Whether the hi-hat is fully open, closed or any variation in between, the VH-10 responds naturally and accurately. Even hi-hat heel splashes can be played with ease.
Another outstanding feature is the built-in Bluetooth for streaming music or MIDI from a smart device, allowing you to learn, record tracks or just play along with your favorite songs.
The TD-17KVX also includes the new KD-10 Kick Trigger Pad; a sturdy, solid kick pad with amazing dynamic response that matches how you play, allowing you to play delicately or as hard as you can. The KD-10 Kick Trigger Pad lets you use your single or double pedal setup with ease.
In addition, the TD-17KVX comes with the new PDX-12, a 12" dual-ply mesh head pad with incredible sensitivity and response across the entire surface of the drum head, providing a great feeling, acoustic-like playing experience. The PDX-12 also recreates rim shots and cross stick techniques with ease thanks to its shallower hoop.
The TD-17 Drum Sound Module features a new set of sounds based on Roland’s popular flagship TD-50. The module is packed with over 300 quality drums, percussion and effects sounds, and 100 kits (50 preset, 50 user) to cover any genre. The TD-17 module also includes the ability to import sounds—a first for V-Drums kits in this price range. Combined with built-in sounds and easy sound editing, creating your own custom sounds and kits are virtually limitless. You can even record your performances and save your playing on a standard SDHC card. In addition to the amazing sounds and customization abilities, the TD-17 has a powerful learning tool called Coach Mode that has several different modes within. You can play along to a metronome and the TD-17 will show you in real-time if you're speeding up, dragging or right on the click. You can also keep track of how well you kept time with a calculated percentage of accuracy.
*Hi-hat stand and bass drum pedal sold separately.
- Total Number of Pads: 5 x drum pads, 3 x cymbal pads
- Included Snare/Tom Pads: PDX-12 Dual Trigger Mesh Snare, 3 x PDX-8 Dual Trigger Mesh Toms
- Included Kick Pads: KD-10 Kick Trigger Pad
- Included Cymbal Pads: 2 x 12" CY-12C Dual Trigger Pads, 1 x CY-13R 3-way Trigger Zones, 12" VH-10 Dual Trigger Hi-hat Cymbal
- Included Drum Module: TD17 Drum Module
- Power Source: 9V DC power supply (included)
- Number of Drum Kits: 50 Preset, 50 User
- Number of Instruments: 310 Instruments
- Effects: Ambience, 3-band EQ, Tuning, Muffling, Snare Buzz, Strainer, 30 x Multi-effect
- Module Trigger Inputs: 2 x 1/4" (crash 2, aux), 1 x DB-25
- Module Analog Inputs: 1 x 1/8" (mix in)
- Module Analog Outputs: 2 x 1/4" (master out)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4"
- Module MIDI I/O: Out/Bluetooth
- Other I/O: Bluetooth 4.2 (audio streaming/MIDI)
- USB: 1 x Type B (stereo in/out)
- Storage: SD/SDHC card slot (up to 32GB)
- Included Hardware: MDS-COM Stand