Fender Nate Mendel Precision Bass - Road Worn Candy Apple Red
Throughout a long career that started with hardcore punk and flourished first with Sunny Day Real Estate and then the Foo Fighters, there has really only been one main instrument for melodic yet hard-hitting bassist Nate Mendel-his 1971 Precision. Fender now brings you the Nate Mendel P Bass, modeled after his beloved, battle-hardened instrument.
The Nate Mendel P Bass shares the same subtly idiosyncratic and distinctive features as the original, with special body contours, extra-slim neck and nut width, a lightly worn Candy Apple Red finish with a black pickguard, a powerful Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound split single-coil pickup, Fender Hi-Mass Bridge bridge for rock-solid sustain and stability, and Mendel's signature on the headstock. It also comes with a spare neck plate engraved with a special hybrid Foo Fighters/Fender logo and a deluxe gig bag.
- Body Shape: Precision Bass
- Body Material: Ash
- Neck: Maple, Slim "C" (Based on Mendel's '71 Precision Bass)
- Neck Finish: Urethane
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Fretboard Radius: 7.25" (18.41cm)
- Frets: 20, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 34" (86.36cm)
- Nut Width: 1.615" (41.02mm)
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan SPB-3 Quarter Pound Split-Coil
- Hardware: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Vintage '70s Fender Stamped Open Gear Tuning Machines
- Bridge: Fender Hi-Mass with Chrome-Plated Zinc Saddles
- Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Includes deluxe gig bag
- Body Shape: Precision
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 4
- Color: Candy Apple Red
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Material: Ash
- Neck Material: Maple, Bolt-on
- Neck Shape: Slim C
- Radius: 7.25"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Dots
- Number of Frets: 20, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 34"
- Nut Width: 1.615"
- Nut Material: Synthetic bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Fender HiMass with chrome-plated zinc saddles
- Tuners: Fender '70s Vintage-Style Stamped Open-Gear
- Middle Pickup: Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound Split Single-coil
- Controls: 1 x master volume, 1 x master tone
- Strings: Fender USA 7250M, (.045-.105)
- Case Included: Gig Bag