Fender American Performer Mustang Bass - 3-Tone Sunburst With Rosewood Fingerboard
Born in Corona, California, the short-scale American Performer Mustang Bass delivers the exceptional tone and feel you expect from an authentic Fender—along with new enhancements and a special split-coil pickup, replicated from the original ‘70s drawings, that make it even more rewarding to play.
Classic Fender sound and style
The “Modern C”-shaped neck sports a 9.5”-radius fingerboard that’s comfortable for almost any playing style, along with 22 jumbo frets for effortless and accurate bending. ClassicGear tuning machines with tapered shafts offer stable tuning, while the silver ‘70s logo adds a touch of traditional vibe.
A bass made for guitarists
The alder body on the Performer Mustang is contoured to perfection and comes in a choice of familiar and fun colors. The fit and finish is impeccable and makes for an instrument you’ll be inspired to pick and play, day after day.
Small in scale, big in sound
The American Performer Mustang Bass includes the Yosemite split-coil Mustang Bass middle pickup and a growling Yosemite single-coil Jazz Bass bridge pickup, designed for rich, expressive tones. With flat-staggered pole pieces to increase output and a shellac coating that lets the coils breathe while controlling feedback, Yosemite pickups produce dynamic sounds ideal for any musical situation.
The American Performer Mustang also features Greasebucket tone circuitry that lets you shape your highs without adding bass, preserving your sound. With the Fender Performer series there has never been a better time to own a Fender Bass. Includes gig bag.
- Alder body
- One Yosemite split-coil Mustang Bass middle pickup; one Yosemite single-coil Jazz Bass bridge pickup
- Greasebucket tone system
- “Modern C”-shaped neck with 9.5”-radius fingerboard; 22 jumbo frets
- ClassicGear tuning machines with tapered shafts; silver ‘70s logo
- Shape: Modern C
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 30 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Satin
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: SS
- Middle: Yosemite split single-coil
- Bridge: Yosemite single-coil
- Brand: Fender
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 9.5 in.
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.5" (38.5mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume, master tone
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 4-Saddle
- Tuning machines: ClassicGear with tapered shafts
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: Yes
- Special features: Electronics, Greasebucket tone circuitry
- Case: Gig bag
- Country of origin: USA
- Body Shape: Mustang
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 4
- Color: 3-tone Sunburst
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Material: Alder
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern C
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: White Dots
- Number of Frets: 19, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 30"
- Nut Width: 1.625"
- Nut Material: Synthetic
- Bridge/Tailpiece: 4-saddle American Performer Mustang Bridge
- Tuners: Fender F Light-weight Vintage-paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Middle Pickup: Yosemite Mustang Split-coil
- Bridge Pickup: Yosemite Jazz Single-coil
- Controls: 2 x volume, 1 x master tone, Greasebucket tone circuit
- Strings: Fender USA 5250XL Short Scale, .040-.095
- Case Included: Gig Bag