Martin HD-28E - Natural with Fishman Aura VT Enhance Electronics
The Martin HD-28E dreadnought acoustic guitar boasts the same design that made the D-28 a classic — herringbone top trim, traditional zigzag backstripe, and Martin's time-tested forward-shifted X-bracing. Used for all styles of music, the HD-28E offers the deep bass response that's made Martin dreadnoughts so popular. Yet it also has a high-end presence that sings out even in heavy instrumentation. You'll love the gorgeous sound of the classic tonewood combination of Sitka spruce top and East Indian rosewood back and sides. The Martin HD-28E is both loud and dynamic and has a quick response with excellent note definition. And with a Fishman Aura VT Enhance system onboard, the HD-28E sounds amazing amplified.
Premium Martin craftsmanship
The HD-28 is Martin's premium dreadnought, considered by many guitarists to be the finest-sounding guitar Martin has ever made. With a solid Sitka spruce top, solid East Indian rosewood back and sides, and traditional zigzag purfling on the back, this Martin HD-28E is a beautiful, immaculately designed acoustic guitar. The select hardwood neck boasts a black ebony 20-fret fingerboard with diamond and square taper fingerboard inlays. Beautiful with its vintage-styled belly bridge and classic tortoise pickguard, the HD-28E stays reliably in tune with nickel open-geared tuners — complete with stylish butterbean knobs.
The HD-28E's sound and robust projection make it ideal for live performance as well as recording. In addition, the HD-28E is great for aggressive strumming or subtle fingerpicking — bluegrass, folk, even acoustic rock sound great on the HD-28E.
Martin HD-28E Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Solid Sitka spruce and East Indian rosewood provide you with sweet, bold, and balanced sound
- Fishman Aura VT Enhance system delivers stellar amplified tone
- Black ebony 20-fret fingerboard feels amazing and responds beautifully
- Forward-shifted X-bracing provides stellar support
- Adorned with stunning herringbone inlays
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Natural, Aging Toner
- Finish: Gloss
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: East Indian Rosewood
- Body Bracing: Scalloped Forward Shifted X-bracing
- Binding: Antique White
- Neck Wood: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval, High Performance Taper
- Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Abalone Diamonds & Squares Long Pattern
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material: Bone/Bone
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Electronics: Fishman Aura VT Enhance
- Strings: SP Acoustic 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Medium
- Case Included: Hardshell Case