Martin HD-28 - Natural with Aging Toner
Martin's HD-28 Standard Dreadnought acoustic guitar epitomizes the sound of an acoustic guitar. Famous for its legendary full-bodied tone and volume, the Martin HD-28 has been the industry standard since 1931.
Martin’s "Golden Era" of dreadnought guitars is prized for their rich tone, color, and expressiveness. One main reason is the bracing pattern. Manufactured from 1931 to 1939, Martin dreadnoughts, such as the D-18 and the D-28, had a forwarded-shifted, scalloped X-bracing pattern. This “Golden Era” bracing pattern gave the Martin dreadnought guitars a very unique and identifiable tone. Highly prized for the clarity on the high end, and punchy, defined bass, musicians and collectors soon realized that these instruments were unique and highly collectible. No other acoustic guitar had the Martin tone, and as a result, everyone wanted one.
Vintage Tone Meets Modern Playability
Today, you can get that vintage tone of the 1930s combined with the playability of a modern guitar in the HD-28 Standard Dreadnought, with its vintage forward-shifted scalloped X-bracing pattern. For improved playability, the neck has been changed to feature a modified low oval neck, with a Performing Artist taper and 1-3/4” nut. The wider string spacing and comfortable neck profile allow a player to move up and down the neck with ease. And unlike the more traditional acoustic guitars of the past, this HD-28 Standard Dreadnought acoustic guitar will have that vintage tone, with a feel that will be similar to that of an electric guitar.
- Antique white binding
- Vintage Golden Era bracing pattern
- Diamonds and Squares fingerboard inlay pattern
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Sitka Spruce Top
- Back & sides: East Indian Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: 5/16 Forward-Shifted, Scalloped X Bracing
- Body finish: All Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Neck shape: Modified Low Oval, with Performing Artist Neck Taper
- Nut width: 1 3/4"
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 14 clear of the body, 20 total
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Headstock overlay: East Indian Rosewood Headplate
- Tuning machines: Nickel, Open-geared
- Bridge: Ebony w/ Drop in Bone Saddle
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: US
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Natural, Aging Toner
- Finish: Gloss
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: East Indian Rosewood
- Body Bracing: Scalloped Forward Shifted X-bracing
- Binding: Antique White
- Neck Wood: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval, High Performance Taper
- Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Abalone Diamonds & Squares Long Pattern
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material: Bone/Bone
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Strings: SP Acoustic 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Medium
- Case Included: Hardshell Case