Martin D-15M - Natural
The Martin 15 Series D-15M acoustic guitar looks like it came right out of the history books, and delivers a sound for the ages. In its 175-year history, Martin has set more guitar design trends than can be counted. The company still embraces design techniques introduced many years ago to create their guitars' timeless tone.
Built on a dreadnought platform, the Martin 15 Series D-15M guitar boasts 14 open frets for a unique design and great range of tone. The top, back, and sides are genuine solid mahogany, offering strong guitar tone, with crisp, clear subtleties in each note's definition. One of mahogany's finest qualities is its density. Although it's not the hardest tonewood, it is free of air pockets and other deformities.
The vintage sound produced by the Martin 15 Series D-15M acoustic guitar is reminiscent of the Style 15 Martin guitars made popular during the 1940s. The Martin guitar is equipped with a mortise and tennon neck joint, offering the best wood binding practice ever conceived. Often used for shipbuilding, the process fuses two pieces of wood into a single, sturdy unit that stands up to the elements time and time again. The results are evident with the strength in tone and power in projection that you hear with each strum of this Martin acoustic guitar.
The Martin guitar's solid mahogany neck further complements the crisp, defined acoustic sound of this dreadnought. The bridge and fingerboard are solid East Indian rosewood, adding smooth sustain to the mix. The 14 open frets, 1-11/16 in. nut width, 2-1/8" bridge string spacing, and 16 in. radius add comfort for your intricate fingerboard movements.
Other appointments include a single-ring rosette, bone nut, solid/square taper headstock, solid East Indian rosewood headplate, diamonds and square fingerboard inlay, belly-style bridge, nickel open-geared tuning machines with butterbean knobs, and a solid black ebony bridge and end pins. Dressed in a soft satin finish and featuring a Delmar tortoise color pickguard, the Martin D15M guitar glows with classic vintage looks and sound.
Includes a Martin 345 hardshell guitar case.
The very first dreadnought guitars were designed and crafted by C. F. Martin & Co. in 1916, but marketed in Boston and New York exclusively under the Oliver Ditson brand. Originally made for Hawaiian slide playing style, the very first dreadnought made was a Model 222 shipped to Ditson in August of 1916. After Ditson went out of business in the early 1930s, Martin introduced the D-1 and D-2 dreadnoughts for standard playing style that would soon become Martin’s iconic D-18 and D-28 models. Over the past 100 years, the Martin dreadnought has helped define what an acoustic guitar can and should be, and subsequently, it has become one of the most popular acoustic guitar designs in the world.
- Faux tortoise pickguard
- Multi-stripe rosette
- Modern belly - drop-in saddle
- Simple dovetail neck joint
- Diamonds and squares short pattern fingerboard
- Abalone fingerboard inlay
- Yellow side dots
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Mahogany
- Back and sides: Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: X
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Modified low oval with standard taper
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: East Indian rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Not applicable
- Configuration: Not applicable
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Headstock overlay: East Indian Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Nickel open gear
- Bridge: East Indian rosewood
- Saddle and nut: Compensated bone/Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Ply hardshell
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Mexico
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Dreadnought 14-Fret
- Body Style: No Cutaway
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Natural
- Finish: Satin
- Top Wood: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Back & Sides Wood: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Body Bracing: A-Frame X Scalloped, 5/16" Solid Sitka Spruce
- Neck Wood: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Fingerboard Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Diamonds & Squares - Short Pattern
- Number of Frets: 20 (total), 14 (clear)
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open-Geared with Butterbean Knobs
- Bridge Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Nut/Saddle Material: Bone/16" Radius Compensated White Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6875"
- Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge
- Case Included: Hardshell
- Body Length: 20"
- Body Width: 15.625"
- Body Depth: 4.875"
- Overall Length: 40.5"